Notifications
Clear all

ITEC kits

Ccole
Topic starter
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Hi
I am deliberating what kit to get for my ITEC aromatherapy techniques course. My college would like us all to buy a kit from Eve Taylor, 20 e/oils, a few carrier oils in a case for £145 (£23 is postage!). I think this is really expensive and feel that there are not enough oils for the course and will still cost more to add to it. Tutor feels that this is enough, but having had a massage froma friend at the weekend, none of the oils used were in the list with EveTaylor so already need to buy more because i like them! I think we would also be paying for the name.

I dont want to buy rubbish but dont want to be stupid financially either!
I have been looking at the ITEC kit from
Do any of you use these oils? as it seems good value to me but would value an opinion.
Thanks

3 Replies
Sue CarberryF
(@sue-carberryf)
Estimable Member

Hi Ccole,

I've been an aromatherapist since 1997 and have always bought my oils from a small ethical supplier Alan Howell you can find his oils on his website .

With regards to ITEC oils there are some you can leave out like both Rose oils. I have only ever used Rosa damascena (Rose Otto). I don't use Lime either.

The initial outlay for your set of oils can be expensive, but, there's no way around this. Buy the best oils you can afford and gather them as you go and your kit will naturally expand over time. My kit is now worth quite a bit as I've added more exotic and larger sizes.

Best of luck with your course.

Cheers, Sue

Ccole
Topic starter
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

Hi Sue
Thanks for the reply. I know that good quality oils are expensive and potentially better but just did not want to pay over the odds for the name and the amount of postage when many companies including Neals yard do free delivery ober £100.

There are so many companies and have had some recommendations for essential oils direct and amphora too. :confused:
Thanks again
Cheryl

Sun~Rose
(@sunrose)
Reputable Member

[DLMURL] http://www.abbeyessentials.co.uk/kits-&-blending-equipment/aromatherapy-college-kit[/DLMURL]I have just bought this as a starting point for my course...have a look at their website.

Hi
I am deliberating what kit to get for my ITEC aromatherapy techniques course. My college would like us all to buy a kit from Eve Taylor, 20 e/oils, a few carrier oils in a case for £145 (£23 is postage!). I think this is really expensive and feel that there are not enough oils for the course and will still cost more to add to it. Tutor feels that this is enough, but having had a massage froma friend at the weekend, none of the oils used were in the list with EveTaylor so already need to buy more because i like them! I think we would also be paying for the name.

I dont want to buy rubbish but dont want to be stupid financially either!
I have been looking at the ITEC kit from
Do any of you use these oils? as it seems good value to me but would value an opinion.
Thanks

Share: