Notifications
Clear all

Any other Hedge Witches here?

21 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@peggle)

[COLOR="Green"]Hello..... I was just wondering after seeing the title of this forum is called Wicca if there are any other Hedge Witches around here... Thankies... 😀

20 Replies
meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

Hi Peggle,

I could be considered a Hedgewitch.

Welcome to healthypages.

BB

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Which definition of 'hedgewitch' are you using?:)

Topic starter
(@peggle)

The old fashioned kind

(@mouse16)
Honorable Member

The following book might be of interest to anyone interested in Hedge Witchcraft.

[url]Pagan Portals - Hedge Witchcraft eBook: Harmonia Saille: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store[/url]

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

The old fashioned kind

This doesn't help.

spiritual nut
(@spiritual-nut)
Trusted Member

Hedge Witches?

? Hedge Witches ?

= Hedge Fund Manager by day

+ Witch out of hours ???

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

Very clever spiritual nut. lol

I'm more of the type who appears out of the hedge having been foraging or talking to a tree. lol

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

? Hedge Witches ?

= Hedge Fund Manager by day

+ Witch out of hours ???

Still doesn't help. There are different definitions of 'Hedge Witch'. Isn't it easier to discuss if we know which ones we are using?

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

I could be considered a Hedgewitch.

I'm more of the type who appears out of the hedge having been foraging or talking to a tree. lol

What is a Hedgewitch, in your terms, meadowsweet?

Kiga
(@kiga)
Reputable Member

I like the image of someone just emerging from a hedge after a foraging expedition, along with a quick chat to a tree!

I'm sure Crowan would be more interested in those who cross over the hedge, though...;)

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

My definition of a hedgewitch is a person who uses the resources of nature to feed and cure: self, friends and family as well as to learn about our beloved goddess and god.

I like nothing more than rooting through the hedgerows looking for tasty treats or herbs to be turned into remedies. I only ever take enough for my purpose and I ensure that plenty is left for nature.

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

I like the image of someone just emerging from a hedge after a foraging expedition, along with a quick chat to a tree!

I'm sure Crowan would be more interested in those who cross over the hedge, though...;)

Made me giggle when I typed it as I had an image of my hair all tangled with leaves, twigs and spiders.

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Why is that Kiga? What are those who cross over the hedge up to? 🙂

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

My definition of a hedgewitch is a person who uses the resources of nature to feed and cure: self, friends and family as well as to learn about our beloved goddess and god.

I like nothing more than rooting through the hedgerows looking for tasty treats or herbs to be turned into remedies. I only ever take enough for my purpose and I ensure that plenty is left for nature.

You make rooting around in hedgerows for treats and herbs sound very appealing. Seems very 'Thomas Hardy' (to me) - wandering down country lanes, a wicker basket, a blousy skirt and flowers in your hair..... and twigs, and spiders (small friendly ones:D).

Do you ever make hedgerow wreaths - because I'm suddenly getting the urge to make one 😀

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

I do make various things using items found in hedgerows. I made an arrangement out of leaves, berries and nuts a few years ago. (see below). I've also made pot pourri for yule and various Yule tree decorations from what I find. I love it.

For mabon this year I'm attending a festival so will be making myself a head-dress using grasses and maybe some cones and berries mixed in. If I'm successful I will post a pic.

I wouldnt' recommend a blousy skirt as some of those hedges are brutal. Best jeans and wellies. 😉

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

I do make various things using items found in hedgerows. I made an arrangement out of leaves, berries and nuts a few years ago. (see below). I've also made pot pourri for yule and various Yule tree decorations from what I find. I love it.

Wow. That's really lovely...! Its a pity you couldn't whisper (as in horse whispering) a Harvest Mouse into lending it's presence to your arrangement, whilst it lasted.:)

For mabon this year I'm attending a festival so will be making myself a head-dress using grasses and maybe some cones and berries mixed in. If I'm successful I will post a pic.

Yeah. Do that, sounds good.

I wouldnt' recommend a blousy skirt as some of those hedges are brutal. Best jeans and wellies. 😉

The wellies could go under the skirt.....

Thanks, meadowsweet :);)

meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

Wow. That's really lovely...! Its a pity you couldn't whisper (as in horse whispering) a Harvest Mouse into lending it's presence to your arrangement, whilst it lasted.:)

I still have this decoration and its aged well. I do plan to return it to nature this year, but will need to take it apart to remove the wiring that is holding it together.

The wellies could go under the skirt.....

skirt still catches on the brambles. lol. I have tried foraging in a skirt and its a faff. lol

Reiki Pixie
(@reiki-pixie)
Noble Member

I thought that the hedge was symbolic. The barrier between this world and the other :rolleyes:

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

skirt still catches on the brambles. lol. I have tried foraging in a skirt and its a faff. lol

Yes, I can imagine how that would happen in reality, and not my sentimental day-dreams. In reality, I'd probably 'root around' with a strimmer, a small chain-saw, and be wearing all of the necessary protective clothing! (.....not really:D;)).

I''l look forwards to seeing how your headdress work out ~ enjoy yourself, making it:);)

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I thought that the hedge was symbolic. The barrier between this world and the other :rolleyes:

That's why I asked.

Share: