Manchester Therapists Support Group

18 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

Hi there, and happy new year!

We are in the process of setting up a support/networking group, to be held in Manchester City Centre, either monthly or 6 weekly.

The group will be open to complementary therapists, of all backgrounds, and is not limited to members of any particular society/organisation.

As well as a chance to swop skills, it will enable therapists to share ideas on marketing/attracting new clients.

If you wish to be kept informed of the group, please PM me.

Thanks

Richard

17 Replies
Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

hi guys,
first meeting will be on Wednesday 20th Feb, 6.30pm.
Let me know if you are planning to attend, and I will give you address details.
It will be in central Manchester.

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

Is it ok to arrive a little after the planned time? I have clients until 6:45pm but I'm in Central Manchester so I should be there within 10 minutes?

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

Has any progress been made with this yet? It's a great idea but I know from experience how difficult it can be to get a group of people to turn up on the same day/time.

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

hi guys, we have arranged a date of Thursday 10th July, at 6.30 pm.
If you want an invite just PM me and I will send contact details. Its going to be in Manchester City Centre.

(@fasciaman)
Estimable Member

hi, just to let people know, I will be doing a talk and demonstrations on myofascial release. Not sure what else is being covered, but it should be a good meeting!

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

I've put it in my diary but I'll have to confirm with you nearer the time, 6:30 is a bit early for me, I normally work until 8pm/8:30pm and Thursday is usually one of the days I'm in the latest.

If I can keep it free then I will, I'm only in the next street from you anyway so it won't exactly take me long to get there.

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

hi, we aim to start at 7pm, with some talks etc, and aim to finish about 9pm. Just pop along when you finish, as we will be discussing future meetings, timings, etc.
Look forward to meeting you.

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

So far so good, I've still got that evening free 🙂
I assumed in my previous post that it's at your premises in Lever Street, did I assume correctly?

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

hi there, yes thats the one. See you then.

AlisonY
(@alisony)

Hi,

This sounds like a great idea! I would PM you, but unfortunately being a new member of this site I am not yet on the PM system. I would love to come along to this if possible?

Thanks

Alison

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

Alison, you should be fine to send and receive PMs now.

Hi,

This sounds like a great idea! I would PM you, but unfortunately being a new member of this site I am not yet on the PM system. I would love to come along to this if possible?

Thanks

Alison

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

Nice one Sportstherapy. I enjoyed the evening and felt it was well planned out. A good attendance rate considering it was the first one too.

Sorry I was late but glad I made it eventually!

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

thanks for the feedback, and obviously now the first one is over, we can plan for even better evenings!

Will get chance for a proper chat on the next one!

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

ps. there will be a posting on our active health forum, link below, with more info

Bannick
(@bannick)
Famed Member

I just wondered..................
Is there a date set for the next meeting yet?

It's just that my diary is pretty manic at the moment so the more advanced the notice the easier it is for me to attend.

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

hi there, i believe its set for the 21st August. Sorry, havent been ignoring your PM, been away on hols.

Topic starter
(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

We now have a confirmed date for the next networking event at City therapy

The event will be held at the same venue on 21st August (Thursday)
Start time 7pm (doors open at 6.30)

The evening will start with a great opportunity to network with other members , then we will run a mini coaching workshop to help everybody discover their real focus and to find out if it is driven by what you want or what you fear!

After the break we will have the opportunity to hear Jimmy Petruzzi explain how to move forward using highly advanced techniques based on NLP and other mind training

Jimmy Petruzzi, I'm sure many of you have heard of Jimmy as he is very well known in the training field in not only NLP but also in the sports field as a coach.

Please click the link for further information

The aim of the group is to bring other people together and allow everybody to voice their opinions. If anybody would like to see anything at the next group meeting or has any questions please feel free to email me.

If i could also ask, if you are attending could you please email and let us know how many people are you bringing as this will allow us to keep the number of people to a comfortable level to allow adequate networking.

NB: there will be a £5 fee for this event to cover room hire and refreshments.

Share: