Manchester HP'ers meetup

13 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Bannick
Topic starter
(@bannick)
Famed Member

I spotted this on the Scottish forum and it's an idea with some potential!

Do any of the HP'ers in Manchester and the surrounding areas fancy meeting up either on a weekend daytime or one evening?

If so, any suggestions as to format, location etc gratefully received! I do have access to low cost meeting rooms in Manchester and Glossop, however, they are rooms above pubs (I have others but they're expensive).

If there are enough of us this could be good fun, starting off as a social but could perhaps develop into themed meetings with people taking it in turns to talk about their particular therapy or discussing marketing, local MBS and Health & Beauty events etc.

Anyway, let me know what you think.

12 Replies
(@cazplay)
Trusted Member

Hi Bannick,

Could be interesting as long as it doesn't get too formal!
See how many respond - personally It would be easier for me central or north manchester.

Caz

(@biggazfromlincoln)
Noble Member

If you speak to "sportstherapy" he has facilities available in northern quarter near piccadilly, and he suggested something similar a few months ago but had limited response.

pinga
(@pinga)
Estimable Member

I know this is a bit late, seeing when the thread was originally posted, but I'd be interested in a general monthly meet up. I like the idea of having a informal gathering as well as a formal meeting of minds and possible talks/discussions.

I think the place in the northern quarter is 'The Basement' on Lever St. It's a vegan cafe, free library and internet, and exhibition space. I presume it can be rented out on the premise that we offer a donation for the use. Or, depending on how many of us there are, we could just use the space alongside others...??

Is there a way we can email or pm people from manchester on here to find out if there's any interest?

(@jenny-sercombe)
Eminent Member

I'd certainly be up for a meet 🙂

Bannick
Topic starter
(@bannick)
Famed Member

Aha! This thread has suddenly reappeared!

There is actually now a "therapists networking meeting" held at Sportstherapy's premises, there's a thread about it here:

As far as I'm aware it's still running. I went to the first few but then they kept clashing with other things so I missed a few and I haven't had an email mentioning the next date but hopefully Sportstherapy or Fasciaman will update the thread. These are really good meetings although they aren't just therapists there as the title would suggest. I would highly recommend this to everyone (assuming it's still running) but if people want to also arrange something less formal then I would be up for it.

Pinga: The Basement on Lever Street closed down a while ago now, I bumped into one of the people who run it and she said they were trying to re-open it (sorry I can't remember why it closed, it was some problem over the building I think). but I haven't noticed it re-opened yet.

There are a few pubs around town that will rent a room out above the pub for an evening at low cost. I used to run a few meetings and I've been charged between £10 and £30 per night, there was one further into town (near King Street) that would let the room for free if there were at least 10 people. If there are enough people interested then I can call or visit some of these people I know (haven't seen any of them or run a meeting on their premises for quite a while now) and see what the arrangements would be now. If the Basement is open again or when it opens again then that would be good, I ran a few meetings there as well and it's a great space, we just used to have a "whip round" and donate some money to them for the use of the space, they don't have a formal arrangement, they are more interested in people helping them in other ways.

If there aren't many of us then I would suggest using a coffee shop or pub that we know will be quiet on certain nights and meet there to begin with until there are enough to warrant hiring a space (again, if the Basement is up and running I would still agree with meeting there!).

Now there's a bit of interest, lets see if a few more people crawl out of the woodwork! I'm busy with various things that make it difficult for me to arrange much until the second week of February onwards but depending on what day of the week it is, I might be able to make it to one before then.

pinga
(@pinga)
Estimable Member

Wow, I had no idea that something had already kicked off last year - i get caught up in so many things i forget to check here sometimes.

Will pm Sportstherapy to find out what's happening.

And shame to hear about the basement - i lived in didsbury until recently, so never really ventured into town over the past 2 years, so didn't know it'd closed. Just moved more central, so would be lovely if they managed to get operational again - would finally volunteer like i wanted to many moons ago.

Thanks for the info and will post up anything i hear.

(@sportstherapy)
Noble Member

hi Pinga,
the next meeting is on 5th February on Lever Street. If you are on facebook details are under the group 'City Therapy Holistic Networking' They are now run by my colleage Paul Ryder.
Richard

pinga
(@pinga)
Estimable Member

Hi Richard,

Thanks for this, was just about to pm you. I am on facebook, so i'll look the group up.

Maybe see you there on the 5th then.

Thanks,
Zoe

(@jenny-sercombe)
Eminent Member

Hi Richard,

I joined the facebook group at it's now saying it's unavailable. Probably a technical thingy, but I was just wondering if you could tell me what time of day the meeting is so I can put it in my diary?

Thanks for your help

Jenny

(@tui-na)

Going back 2 years now, but is anyone still interested in doing this?

(@biggazfromlincoln)
Noble Member

Going back 2 years now, but is anyone still interested in doing this?

there was a meeting in manchester on thursday last week:eek:

(@tui-na)

How would I find out about the next one then?

Share: