Notifications
Clear all

Perimenopause

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@soniajohanna)

Hi I'm hoping someone can help, for the last. Couple of years iv experienced pain on ovulation but for the last six months or so the pain has become so much worse, to the point that last night I couldn't sit down or bear to have anything touching that part of my body, I was was sick as well, it eventually eased off after two to three hours. It has also affected my bowels during the few days this happens I become almost constipated, I do go but not my usual once a day but small amounts over the course of the day.
Also my depression is seeming to be not so well controlled now, I'm more emotional,up and down.
Oh yeah I only ever seem to ovulate from my left side.
Does anyone have any thoughts, ideas,similar experiences?

4 Replies
CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Hi SoniaJohanna

Welcome to HealthyPages!

I am sorry to hear of your problems with your cycle. Have you seen a Dr about your symptoms? You have very valid reasons for investigation -pain like that is not to do with perimenopause, I don't believe. The constipation is the body's mechanism for coping with the pain - just make sure you drink adequate amount of water and vegetables during that time If you have seen the Dr and have been told 'There is nothing wrong, take this painkiller' then you will find advise about how to sort it out here.

There is lots of information on women's health to consult. Do have a good look at the information and if you have more questions I'm sure there are those who will offer advice 🙂

Topic starter
(@soniajohanna)

Hi Caroline
Thank you for your response, I have been to the gp several times they have told me I either go on the pill and or take anti inflamatories. I take the pain killers but I won't go on the pill.
I spoke to gp today and requested a referral, but they want to do swabs before they will make a referral, slow process!!!!

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Oh well - at least they are looking at various options :confused:. Be aware that you can go on to bio-identical hormones, but whether htis is available from the NHS I am not sure. Meanwhile spend time looking at the website I indicated. Lots of info on there.

Anti-inflammatories will upset your gut, and I'd avoid them if possible. You can reduce the inflammatory process considerably by eating the [url]right foods[/url] and oily fish/fish oils and taking a quality supplement.

All the best

(@jojo-blue)

Suffering with pms and perimenopause bad mood swings cry at a drop of a hat have been to docs and had blood tests to check for thyroid came back a little low and hormones slightly on way down doctors don't seem to want to know, am finding it really difficult at the moment any suggestions. X

Share: