6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
katherineiv
Topic starter
(@katherineiv)
Reputable Member

Hi I haven't wrote anything on here ages sorry
I have seen a thread about left breast pain.. I have had this for absolutely years with doctors and mammograms and they say menopause or hormones.
Anyway my last mammogram was February 2019 and said was fine so that I was pleased, I'm still getting the ache and I prod when I know I shouldn't and I worry and know it makes it worse
I went to the doctors yesterday and saw a different doctor she felt and said no lumps but on my mammogram scan last year it says on record that there was densed on left... Why didn't the hospital say last year?? She said can feel it but better just check and have another mammogram
I'm so scared now.. I know densed doesn't mean cancer but higher risk have any of you had densed breasts as I've never heard of it???

5 Replies
(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

I have seen a thread about left breast pain.. I have had this for absolutely years with doctors and mammograms and they say menopause or hormones.
Anyway my last mammogram was February 2019 and said was fine so that I was pleased, I'm still getting the ache and I prod when I know I shouldn't and I worry and know it makes it worse
I went to the doctors yesterday and saw a different doctor she felt and said no lumps but on my mammogram scan last year it says on record that there was densed on left... Why didn't the hospital say last year?? She said can feel it but better just check and have another mammogram
I'm so scared now.. I know densed doesn't mean cancer but higher risk have any of you had densed breasts as I've never heard of it???

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Not heard of the term 'densed' - could it have been 'dense'? Do you feel any lumpiness or firm tissue when you are palpating? Best to get checked - to rule anything out.

katherineiv
Topic starter
(@katherineiv)
Reputable Member

Yes sorry dense... They didn't say anything at my mamogram last year and doc checked Thursday no lumps x

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Yes sorry dense... They didn't say anything at my mamogram last year and doc checked Thursday no lumps x

Take the docs advice and go get another check - even if it just gives reassurance that the tissue is changing naturally - as it does as we age. Wish mine were as pert as they were 30 years ago! Now I have to be careful not to trip over them!!! 🙂

katherineiv
Topic starter
(@katherineiv)
Reputable Member

Take the docs advice and go get another check - even if it just gives reassurance that the tissue is changing naturally - as it does as we age. Wish mine were as pert as they were 30 years ago! Now I have to be careful not to trip over them!!! 🙂

Aways the same never happy what we have I'm flat as a pancake

Share: