Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatitis (NASH)

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Yorkman
Topic starter
(@yorkman)
Estimable Member

I've just been diagnosed with this, anyone here know much about it?

Metta

Andy.

5 Replies
(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

I had never heard of it - but did a 'search' and came across this site which looks interesting with lots of info and advice:-

Yorkman
Topic starter
(@yorkman)
Estimable Member

Thank you Jabba:)

Metta

Andy

(@detta123)

Hi,

Alcoholism is an illness marked by drinking alcoholic beverages. This maybe cause by problems in work, family relationship, responsibilities and a lot of more. Alcohol may damage your health and in social life. And if you are addicted of it, this would not be easily to forget it. Thank you

===============

detta:)

Alcohol abuse affects millions. This site has a lot of useful information.

[url]Alcohol Abuse[/url]

(@sandy2008)

Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatitis

Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is the most extreme form of NAFLD, which is regarded as a major cause of cirrhosis of the liver of unknown cause. NASH was first described in 1980 in a series of patients of the Mayo Clinic.

(@darth151)

NASH and NAFLD

Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is the most extreme form of NAFLD, which is regarded as a major cause of cirrhosis of the liver of unknown cause. NASH was first described in 1980 in a series of patients of the Mayo Clinic.

I was diaignoised with NASH in 2004, it is not as bad as I first thought. Indeed you only have a 10% chance of developing cirrhosis if you have NASH, (i have read this on numorious web pages) but I tend to look here for info.... [DLMURL] http://www.britishlivertrust.org.uk/home/the-liver/liver-diseases/fatty-liver-and-non-alcoholic-steatohepatitis-nash.aspx [/DLMURL]
Thus far there is no cure for NASH you just have to learn to manage it, although I do know that there are a number of trials going on here and in the USA.
I have looked all over for diets that may help, but so far it seems that the best way forward is a low fat diet, avoid junk food and booze. I did read somewhere that folic acid and vitamin B12 helps, but don't quote me on that. I do try and include these in my diet anyway. I was told when diagnoised that although the scaring on the liver will remain, the livers ability to deal with the fat will improve if action is taken to remove the fat from your diet.....makes sence I suppose.

Share: