Notifications
Clear all

weight.. help..

queenfe
Topic starter
(@queenfe)
Noble Member

Can anyone help.. please.
My hubby never gains weight, we have tried everything.
Diet changes to tonics.
He is 1.76 m and weight is only 55kg.
The most ever was a cool 65kg.
He is healthy and eats up to six meduim meals a day.
Any advice please.

9 Replies
Gussie
(@gussie)
Famed Member

RE: weight.. help..

If you are worried I would suggest he goes to see a nutritionist - some people are just plain skinny - and healthy with it, but a health check should help rule out any hormonal reasons underlying his lack of weight gain. Have you talked through this with the doctor? Things such as overactive thyroid or any metabolic imbalance can cause this type of thing (could be as simple as lacking one mineral in his diet.. if you want to delve into the complementary route a kinesiologist should be able to test him for imbalances and things he maybe missing.

darrensurrey
(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

Does he do a lot of sport? I know someone who eats about the same number of meals a day and still looks normal because he does so much sport.

queenfe
Topic starter
(@queenfe)
Noble Member

First of all, been to doctors for testing. All to be found normal.

As for sports, if you call watching it on TV as an active sport, thats his sport.
However at times he seems to be like a wind up doll, full of energy with a no off button. Two days later i find him to be as flat as a man in his 60's(not that all men at 60 have no energy, his in is 30's), lack of energy, and emence fatigue.

Help ????

Azalia
(@azalia)
Illustrious Member

hmmm, that does sound a bit like a thyroid imbalance.

Sometimes if thyroid problems are borderline they're not picked up by a doctor. I'd suggest going to a good kinesiologist first, andalso seeing if the GPcanrefer him to a dietician who should be able to help.

queenfe
Topic starter
(@queenfe)
Noble Member

Thank you for the advice. I took hubby back to doctor and asked for more testings. Well as it worked out my hubby is hypoglycemia, on the correct med and for the past three months. My hubby has climbed to 67kg. I am having so much fun tending his hunger pains. Boy can he eat now, and Im loving it.
Thank you again
Shaz
xxxx

JennyS.
(@jennys)
Eminent Member

Not so healhty but eating later in the evenings always makes me put on some weight......my skinny friend had the same effects after some time....We were amazed she put on some weight.

phoenix_22
(@phoenix_22)

HI, i also try to lose weight every time but it comes back so quickly that i just get discourage! someone has suggested me with ! he said it was for losing weight! does someone know what it is? whats its side effect? and also if its available easily?

phoenix_22
(@phoenix_22)

HI, i also try to lose weight every time but it comes back so quickly that i just get discourage! then i came to find something on the net which was extremely interesting for people like us to lose weight! its the

i have visited it and these people have motivate me and i will be starting the challenge quickly!

Galee
(@galee)

Hi Queenfe,
Some tips for your hubby to gain weight.
Increase number of meals and add smarter food in his meal plans. Eat more snacks and take energy fluid daily. Increase his caloric intake and consume lots of proteins. Exercise regularly, lift weights and take supplements.
[url]Alamo Heights weight loss[/url]

Share: