slimming question /...

Notifications
Clear all

slimming question / advice please

geminisoul
Topic starter
(@geminisoul)
Trusted Member

hello i havent been on here for a long time..

a few months ago i decided to get my body back in shape as ive always liked my food and been about 2 stone overweight on my stomach area.

i am a Mesomorph body type🙂

I do quite a bit of medium to heavy lifting daily for work so always been quite muscular, but my eating has always been a little too much and as ive reached 30 i do not do much sports like i used to when i was in my 20's.

so i worked out a diet that would be good for me.. here u can see i roughly stuck to this for 2 months or so

i lost about 23lb which was good going. and went from around 25% bodyfat to about 12% but now i seem to have stopped loosing any more.

i read my perfect weight is between 10-12% so im just into that range now.

i have changed my eating back to a more regular eating plan but still am roughly counting my kcal intake to under 2000 a day so cant see why im not loosing weight now, as im certain in eating less than i burn each day but also making shure i get the right nutrients ect..

i really would like to get into single figure body fat % so i look a little toned & show off a bit more of my muscle.

i was hoping i could get to single figure bodyfat% through clever/correct diet plan without having to do any running, aerobics.. and that my lifting would be enough excersise.

what id like to ask is.. can i loose any more fat through diet plan or have i hit a wall now??? will it be impossible to slim off the remaining fat unless i go running???

thanks.

9 Replies
myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

How do you warm up before exercising, and do you warm down?

What have you got against aerobic exercise?

Myarka

geminisoul
Topic starter
(@geminisoul)
Trusted Member

hi.

i dont have much time free for aerobics.

i need if possible a diet only route to loose the last lbs of weight.

thanks

myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

If you exercise without warming and oxygenating your muscles you will damage them. But it really depends on how much actual lifting you're doing everyday.

Diets without exercise generally fail because you need to burn off the energy you put in. When you're bigger you burn more fat, but as you reduce in size the burn gets less for the same amount of exercise, that's why people plateau.

If you don't have time to do regular exercise, then I think it's time to de-clutter your life to find time because it will pay off later in life with better health. Holistic living is about living in balance and that means every part of life, not just about firm pec and a 6 pack.

Myarka

ronsan
(@ronsan)

working out to burn body fat and working out to to build muscles are 2 different things . for burning body fact you should concentrate more on cardiacworkouts and less on resistance training and for building muscles skinny people should eat more protein diet and have to work hard on resistance exercises

TheElf
(@theelf)

actually weight loss with exercise depends on your age as well. You have to control your heartbeat before any fat can be burnt. The older the harder since metabolism's is slowing down. But it can be done with a help of a trainer.

myarka
(@myarka)
Illustrious Member

But it can be done with a help of a trainer.

Hi Elf and welcome to HP,

What do you mean trainer?

I don't go to a gym or use a personal trainer, but I do play sport. Therefore do you mean that the eercise needs to be exercised, or are you saying that the only way to burn fat is using a fitness trainer?

Myarka.
PS, I'm what you would classify as older 😮

Fitnessdave
(@fitnessdave)

Losing weight around your middle

Hi geminisoul,
There isn't any overnight cure for your "Brickwall"
You have probably lost a combination of fat and body fluid and you are now getting down to the real area where the rate of loss slows down markedly.

Exercise of the right calibre to get you trim in the right area coupled with the right diet (and you don't have to be drastic) is the order of the day.
Lifting, in my view, is not the answer.

Sincerely
Dave

nutriangel
(@nutriangel)
Trusted Member

First of all, what do you want? Muscle or fat loss? If you want fat loss, then concentrate on aerobic activity to increase heart rate and reduce the weights to 2-3 times per week.

I'm afraid there is no quick fix to losing weight/ fat loss. Everyone seems to want this magic pill that clearly doesn't exist. A combination of healthy eating and exercise (in a combination of cardio, toning, strength & flexibility) is the only way you will decrease excess body fat/ weight.

Everyone has a set weight ratio which fluctuates on a daily basis - you may have reached yours.

Galee
(@galee)

Hi All,
Weight loss = regular exercise + diet plans.
To lose body weight we must exercise regularly and have healthy balanced diet plan. Cardio exercises like running, jogging, cycling, swimming and hiking are great exercises to lose weight by burning fat and regulating metabolism. Add fresh fruits and vegetables more in your diet plans. Increase water intake, drink green tea and avoid beverages, soda and diet soda.

Share: