12 Likes
Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Hi All

We eventually got around to re-vamping healthypages and giving it a new look and also a more integrated discussion forum experience

would be great to know your thoughts and if you have any suggestions

Thanks!

21 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi Mike, the new look is nice.  I've yet to look around properly though.  😀

Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Hi Giles!

Nice to hear from you!!

Yes we are trying to revitalise it a bit, been neglected for a while 🙄 

Energylz
(@energylz)

Yeah, that's true.  I even had to do a password reset to get back in... not sure why it had lost it, it's only been a month or so since I last logged in (just too busy with work).  Just looking to see if I still have moderator actions or suchlike...  😀

Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Yes we had to reset all users password.... ill get moderator access setup for you now as all accounts were reset to default permissions

Energylz
(@energylz)

Cool thanks.  I think there's only myself left as a moderator, all the others have gone their own way.  😀   But as we've not been that active, it's been ok... just dealing with the odd spammer.  

Energylz
(@energylz)

May want to up the number of posts per page.  Having just 4 replies showing before having to go to the next page is a little awkward.  😀

2 Replies
Mike
 Mike
Admin
(@mike-2)

Noble Member

@energylz

Yes, ill look into tjhat just now

Mike
 Mike
Admin
(@mike-2)

Noble Member

@energylz

thats sorted, changed to 30 per page

Energylz
(@energylz)

I can see I'm a moderator now... and can see the mods forum.  Just need to find where I can actually carry out actions such as ban spammers or the moderation queue etc.  I'm sure it's around somewhere.... but other things to do today... I'll figure it out next time.  Have a good Sunday Mike. 😉

Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Yeah, ill have a look around and let you know

(@paulakemp)
Estimable Member

Loving the new look!

Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Thanks Paula!

Charis
(@charis)
Reputable Member

Hi Mike and Giles,

I'm enjoying the new forum design too! I haven't posted here much for a long time but still really appreciate the community.

I have a question on behalf of a long-standing HP community member — Principled (Judy), whom I think you both know. She wants to log into the new forums, but she's now using a different email provider and no longer has access to the email address associated with her HP account, so she can't change her password. She asked me if I could PM either of you as admin/moderators and give you her current email address, but I can't find a PM function on this new forum. 

Could either of you please get in touch with me privately (email is fine if needed) and I'll give you Judy's email address? She really would like to reactivate her old HP account if possible, rather than having to open a new one under a different name.

Hope this is OK. Many thanks and blessings!

Courtenay

1 Reply
Mike
 Mike
Admin
(@mike-2)

Noble Member

@charis

Hi Courtenay

Nice to hear from you

there is no pm feature setup yet, we will get that enabled within next few days

Yes we know Principled very well.... either you or Judy can contact me via our contact form www.healthypages.co.uk/contact/ with her new email address and ill get it changed on her account so she can login

(@calla-lily)
Illustrious Member

I want to know where the PM function is too please, if it exists.  I've looked in my profile and clicked on Energlyz's drop down menu below his avatar, and in his profile. I needed to make contact with a moderator off forum ( done a different way now).

Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Hi @calla-lily

we will get the PM feature setup within a few days

Mike
 Mike
Admin
Topic starter
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Private messages is now available

3 Replies
(@calla-lily)

Illustrious Member

@mike Thank you Mike for setting  the PM facility up so quickly 😎.

I was going to ask about the P in the LH corner of my reply box, but have clicked on it and all was revealed : cut, copy and paste function 😆

Energylz
(@energylz)

Posted by: @calla-lily

@mike Thank you Mike for setting  the PM facility up so quickly 😎.

I was going to ask about the P in the LH corner of my reply box, but have clicked on it and all was revealed : cut, copy and paste function 😆

I was wondering what that P was too... 😀

(@calla-lily)

Illustrious Member

@energylz Do members want a P? Depends how full their bladders are! 😃

(@freedomquest)

Web designers seem to make the common mistake of choosing pale font colors (grey, pink, lavender) against a glaring white background, or blue font on grey background, which makes it difficult to read and induces headaches. High contrast is needed.  Either have an option to switch the format to 'midnight' (white text on black or navy background) or use a bolder, darker font, please.

Otherwise the format looks fine so far.  Haven't had a chance to look around yet 

Share: