Notifications
Clear all

Gong baths

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@reikiman_1611053212)

Hi, I last posted here about eight years ago when I popped in to see if the site was still up and running - which it was - and so I've popped in again, because I think of HP when I switch on the large Himalayan salt lamp that the then senior moderator, Mike, sent me to celebrate the success of the forums. The site does not seem to be that active possibly because of the growth of Facebook and other social (?) connections which have developed over the years. These vast forums are like a deserted mansion with a few beings populating the odd room or two. 🙁

However, since then, when I was involved with Reiki as you can see from my now log-in name, my energies have been taken over with gong bath healing and meditations sometimes coupled with Yoga (taught by others). I have also found that there is virtually no difference between Reiki, Spiritual and all other forms of healing. After all, what's in a name?

Although I belong to local Healing Groups and give regular healing to the public, my energies are now more Meditation and gong based. 🙂 The almost instant meditative state reached when gongs are played is marvelous and the consequential healing cause by the vibrations of the gongs can be quite amazing. Also, my involvement in a Guinness Word Record held at Kensington Olympia, London, UK last August, when 194 gong healer-players from all over the world all played the same routine together, has made me realise that the gong playing healing is the way forward and lacks any of the conflict between the practitioners of other therapies caused by the 'my way is better than your way' attitude.

It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of others on this subject. Please don't leave it too long if you choose to comment because being of advanced years I might not be here after another delay of about eight years. 😉

5 Replies
(@jnani)
Noble Member

Hi, I last posted here about eight years ago when I popped in to see if the site was still up and running - which it was - and so I've popped in again, because I think of HP when I switch on the large Himalayan salt lamp that the then senior moderator, Mike, sent me to celebrate the success of the forums. The site does not seem to be that active possibly because of the growth of Facebook and other social (?) connections which have developed over the years. These vast forums are like a deserted mansion with a few beings populating the odd room or two. 🙁

However, since then, when I was involved with Reiki as you can see from my now log-in name, my energies have been taken over with gong bath healing and meditations sometimes coupled with Yoga (taught by others). I have also found that there is virtually no difference between Reiki, Spiritual and all other forms of healing. After all, what's in a name?

Although I belong to local Healing Groups and give regular healing to the public, my energies are now more Meditation and gong based. 🙂 The almost instant meditative state reached when gongs are played is marvelous and the consequential healing cause by the vibrations of the gongs can be quite amazing. Also, my involvement in a Guinness Word Record held at Kensington Olympia, London, UK last August, when 194 gong healer-players from all over the world all played the same routine together, has made me realise that the gong playing healing is the way forward and lacks any of the conflict between the practitioners of other therapies caused by the 'my way is better than your way' attitude.

It would be interesting to hear the thoughts of others on this subject. Please don't leave it too long if you choose to comment because being of advanced years I might not be here after another delay of about eight years. 😉

It's good to have you back with a lovely post. You are right It's much quieter here beacuse of FB etc.

gongs, temple bells, church bells, OM, mantras have all been used for reconnecting within oneself. Sound is everything

In today's very bizarre spiritual world, sound certainly is one of the most useful ways as there is lesser scope of ownership, competition, mine-thine in Comparison with healing methods skills, techniques etc

It's easiest to drown in sound....Omkar

Satnam Omkar

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Sounds interesting (no pun meant)
What exactly is the principle behind Gong or sound healing.
Regards

Topic starter
(@reikiman_1611053212)

Sounds interesting (no pun meant)
What exactly is the principle behind Gong or sound healing.
Regards

This will get a bit long so here goes. Sound healing in general (Gongs, flutes, rattles, drums, didgeridoos, etc played in one session) provides a relaxing meditation atmosphere which, to my mind is not as relaxing as a pure gong-only experience. The principles around gong-only treatments are two. The main one is the almost instant access to a deep meditative state. This is caused by the fact that the sound is just that, pure sound without any seeming plan and no recognisable tune or sequence of notes, so that the left-hand logical brain can't associate it with anything and so stops computing and the right frontal lobe of the brain, where scientists have found that fear, worry and anxiety reside, has nothing to fear and so stops working leaving the remainder of the right-hand intuitive brain free range to go wherever it fancies to go. Relaxation of this sort is healing. While the gong-based session is going on there is an additional benefit because of the vibrations of the gongs which permeate the whole of the body of the listener and, in some cases, have been known to relieve pain. That's my take on it.

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

This will get a bit long so here goes. Sound healing in general (Gongs, flutes, rattles, drums, didgeridoos, etc played in one session) provides a relaxing meditation atmosphere which, to my mind is not as relaxing as a pure gong-only experience. The principles around gong-only treatments are two. The main one is the almost instant access to a deep meditative state. This is caused by the fact that the sound is just that, pure sound without any seeming plan and no recognisable tune or sequence of notes, so that the left-hand logical brain can't associate it with anything and so stops computing and the right frontal lobe of the brain, where scientists have found that fear, worry and anxiety reside, has nothing to fear and so stops working leaving the remainder of the right-hand intuitive brain free range to go wherever it fancies to go. Relaxation of this sort is healing. While the gong-based session is going on there is an additional benefit because of the vibrations of the gongs which permeate the whole of the body of the listener and, in some cases, have been known to relieve pain. That's my take on it.

Sound reasonable. I wonder what effect different resonances make. I read years ago of a Canadian that was trying to convert homeopathic remedies to sound. An almost impossible task but it shows how widespread the belief in the curative properties of sound energy is. . .

Topic starter
(@reikiman_1611053212)

Sound reasonable. I wonder what effect different resonances make. I read years ago of a Canadian that was trying to convert homeopathic remedies to sound. An almost impossible task but it shows how widespread the belief in the curative properties of sound energy is. . .

Yes indeed. There are those who use tuning forks of particular frequencies both directly on or close to the persons requiring healing. There is a 'set' of an Om fork, a Weighted Om (both 136.10 Hz) and 528 Hz the healing frequency. Another set is a C fork 256 Hz and a G fork 384 Hz used singly and jointly. Another 'new' fork is the Sonic Slider, tuned to 93.96 Hz (which is the 12th Harmonic of the Schumann Resonance ). If you require any further details then googling Debbie Walker of Suara Sound who has a video entitled " How to Fork Yourself" will give you a lot more information.

Share: