pregnant lady with ...

Notifications
Clear all

pregnant lady with spd

jodielou
Topic starter
(@jodielou)

hi i am due to treat a pregnant friend of mine, she is 36 weeks and has symphysis pubis disorder (SPD) and so is in a lot of discomfort and asked me to help. i told her i would do a very light treatment more for relaxation purposes but does anyone have any advice about any reflex points i should focus on that may help or any i should avoid. ive never treat a pregnant lady before and am due to do a maternity reflexology course in jan so any help would be appreciated

6 Replies
Totally Jane
(@totally-jane)
Estimable Member

I would work the spine, solar plexus and symphysis pubis points only. I went on a maternity reflex course and found it fab, tried these areas with a lady last night at 28 weeks and she had her first good nights sleep in ages! Recommend Mosche kruchik, he does lots of courses on reflexology.

Lavandula
(@lavandula)
Honorable Member

I'd recommend also working the whole pelvis reflex in addition to the ones suggested by Totally Jane.

jodielou
Topic starter
(@jodielou)

thank you for your replies, i searched the internet and spoke to a midwife who is also qualified in reflexology she said after 36 weeks all areas can be worked and nothing needs to be avoided. I decided to go on the side of caution however and avoided the reproductive areas and i just went gently over the pituitary gland. my friend loved the treatment she felt very relaxed and had a full nights unbroken sleep which she hasnt had since june. she mentioned when i went over the pelvic area she felt a tingling all up her legs and it felt lovely and eased the pain a little. All in all a very successful treatment and i think she will have a few more sessions before the baby arrives.

Lavandula
(@lavandula)
Honorable Member

Glad to hear she enjoyed the treatment and had some benefit. Keep us posted.

Binah
(@binah)
Famed Member

It's good to hear that your treatment helped your friend and that she'll be coming back for some more. 🙂

Binah
x

jodielou
Topic starter
(@jodielou)

hi i thought i would update you all, since posting this thread i have attended a enhancing fertility and maternity reflexology course with David Wayte from Jubilee College, which i can highly recommend by the way.
On the day of the course my pregnant friend was 9 days overdue and due to be induced 3 days after. I was dying to try out my new skills for inducing labour so i went round and concentrated on the pituitary gland, spleen 6 point (which is 3 fingers up from the medial malleolus) and the nipple reflex (found in the breast area middle of 4th metatarsal) along with other areas such as the hip, ovaries and uterus, colon and adrenals. These areas are quite painful and my friend did not really enjoy the treatment as it was not as relaxing as previous treatments obviously but she was willing to try anything as you can imagine.
I am pleased to say she gave birth to a healthy baby boy the next day. Perhaps the baby was already on his way and i sped up the process, i dont know and obviously there is no proof but id like to think i played a part in hurrying the baby up 😀

does anyone else have any success stories with maternity and the power of reflexology? id love to hear them

Share: