Clear all

VCDT on 'This Morning'

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@carldourish)
Trusted Member

Have you seen the amazing success Nik & Eva Speakman are having with their VCDT Technique with phobia's on the programme 'This Morning'

3 Replies
4u4life
(@4u4life)

Looks like a variation on NLP swish, seems to be effective and all the hype and glitz probably helps too.

(@masha-b)
Noble Member

And from what I've seen they are charging a hideous amount of money for their sessions - I am rather uncomfortable with all the hype, as firstly, if it is a straightforward specific phobia one short session of EFT (or sometimes the standard NLP "fast phobia cure", though I haven't had to use this for years) will tend to work pretty much all of the time, and would cost a fraction of their price (or sometimes free if self-administered, which can be succssful even for beginners); however if it is a more complex pervasive phobia which may be linked to multiple trauma, dissociation or other serious issues, there is a high likelihood of a supposedly "wonderous" treatment failing, and the client remaining with the sense of "nothing can help me", "I'm defective", "there is no hope".

Masha

Topic starter
(@carldourish)
Trusted Member

So Masha,

How much do you charge for 4 hrs training in one day??? Your last 3 lines suggests maybe your own belief driven excuse for not helping your clients...Did we not all think that EFT was way out there when we first saw it? How can tapping my face help me...Let's not belittle people that have made amazing changes in the people they worked with last week on T.V. I assume people go to them, because they have been around the therapy-bush and desperate to end their personal issue.

I don't care how much they charge and I'm sure their clients don't... I would pay them their fee once if I knew it would resolve my issue. Instead of paying someone with a few months experience and ending up in about 6 sessions.

That's my ten pence worth...lol.

Share: