Contract

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
jungdreamer
Topic starter
(@jungdreamer)
Estimable Member

Hi all, I am looking for a template or suggestions for a client contract. I have never used one in the past but for the purpose of commitment during weight loss programs etc I feel the need to have a contract with the client. I just have no idea what to put in it as I have never seen one before. TIA

3 Replies
Mike
 Mike
Admin
(@mike-2)
Noble Member

Hi June

you posted this in mind therapies forum? is it relevant to mind therapies this contract?

1 Reply
jungdreamer
(@jungdreamer)

Estimable Member

@mike yes I believe so as it would be to work with clients regarding mind therapies, I should have said. I would require this for hypnosis and nlp coaching.

Energylz
(@energylz)

The thing with contracts is that you have to be careful how they're worded so that people aren't put off by them.

The sort of thing I think you're looking for is one that puts the onus on the client to take responsibility for themselves and ensures they agree that it's their choice to follow the advice given if they want to get better.  It's a bit of a mind game in itself, as many people come to therapists thinking it's the therapist that's going to make them better without them having to do anything, but ultimately (as we know) it's down to the client to a) want to change b) choose to change c) set themselves a timescale for how quickly they want to change and d) agree that it's up to them to implement that change.  The therapist is just the tool they can use to initiate the change and learn how to go about changing, but it really is down to themselves to do it.  By getting them to sign agree to a contract (whether verbally, or better actually sign it and have the copy given to them to remind them they've agreed to it) gives them the motivation to wake up and recognize that they are the ones who are now agreeing to change themselves.

So, it's not a legal contract of any formal sort, but a motivational and 'self agreement' contract that I think you're looking for.

Try putting some words together around those ideas and see what you come up with.  😉

Share: