Notifications
Clear all

Recent meningitis - what would you do?

rhodesju
Topic starter
(@rhodesju)
Estimable Member

Dear All,

A regular clients husband has contacted me for help. He was recently in hosiptal with meningitis (he was released about 10 days ago) and had a lumber procedure to remove fluid. He would like some help in reducing the pain in that area. As yet I have no further details on what type of meningitis he had, if he remains on any medication or indeed any other information.

Has anyone else had experience of this and if so what did you do? I am just interested in others views before I take an indepth consultation - I always tend to edge towards the cautious side.........

Jules [&:]

5 Replies
TigerBee
(@tigerbee)
Illustrious Member

RE: Recent meningitis - what would you do?

Hiya Jules

If he has been given the all clear from the hospital and he is no longer on meds then I would proceed, obviously the puncture site needs to have healed and if it is still red, inflammed and tender or hot you should not aggravate it. However assuming it is all nice and lovely I would go ahead.

T
x

rhodesju
Topic starter
(@rhodesju)
Estimable Member

Hi,

thanks for that - you have basically reiterated the conclusion I had come to!

Jules x

rhodesju
Topic starter
(@rhodesju)
Estimable Member

Hi again

Just thought I would let you know that the treatment went well, and the client went home feeling more grounded than he had in a while.

I kept it fairly gentle and incorporated a fair amount of Lymphatic drainage - he has booked in for a repeat in the next week!

Many thanks for the advice

Jules x

TigerBee
(@tigerbee)
Illustrious Member

Hiya
I think you will get some really good results from this guy as you are helping him finish off the healing process.....looks like you may have a good client there!
T
x

donavan
(@donavan)
Eminent Member

I AGREE,AND IT'S GOOD TO BE CAUTIOUS AND USE COMMON SENSE,IF IN DOUBT SEEK PROFESSIONAL OPINION.

Share: