7 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
 Vix
Topic starter
(@vix)
Estimable Member

Hi all,

I have an assignement i am really stuck on!!

Can anyone tell me what is meant by the term lympahtic drainage??

Thanks xx:eek:

6 Replies
(@aroma)
Estimable Member

RE: Lymphatic Drainage

Draining of the lymph glands via massage?!? If i could find my book i would give you a full answer but i dont know wehre it is and its annoying me coz i need it! I wish i was Psychic at times like this LOL

Vix
Topic starter
(@vix)
Estimable Member

Yes it would be through massage i think.

the assignment is just for Muscles but i think that massage is only way i can relate it to.

i think i have found an answer on the net!!

fingers crossed!!

thanks Aroma 😀

(@flower-happy)
Estimable Member

if the assignment is jus for muscles maybe its just talking about wen u work on the body circ of blood and therefore lymph is increased and therefore lymph drainage which would aid in waste removal in muscle tissue
prob completly wrong:D

Vix
Topic starter
(@vix)
Estimable Member

sounds on the right track to me!! 😉

Funnybunny
(@funnybunny)
Honorable Member

Or it could be to do with the pump effect that muscles have on the lymphatic system in assisting the drainage of lymph from tissue areas eg. skin that is oedemous.

(@all4beautynow)
Eminent Member

hello there

lymphatic drainage is through massage, as the muscles relax during a massage,the lymphatic vessels open to stimulate the flow of lymph thereby assisting drainage, basically what it does is gets rid of any waste products that should,nt be in your system by draining the lymphatic glands it expels any waste
think of it a a pool of mud if you swirl it around the water comes to the top, ok, and if you let it settle it just sets again so by doing the massage it just gets rid of waste

i hope this helps:)

Share: