3 Users
0 Likes
space cadet
Topic starter
(@space-cadet)
Eminent Member

hi

can anyone help?

my 8yr old has a problem with day and night time wetting...someone has suggested using the bowen technique to help.

can anyone explain what it is and how exactly it would help?

at this stage i am willing to try any therapy to help him

thanks

4 Replies
Roots
(@roots)

Hi Space cadet. I am a Bowen Therapist and have had success in treating bed wetting in children, this is a simple treatment which involves gentle moves which are not invasive, the practitioner will (or should) have you present at all times during the treatment and 3-5 sesions are usually enough to help the condition, but do bear in mind that more sessions may be required.

space cadet
Topic starter
(@space-cadet)
Eminent Member

Hi Roots,

thanks for your reply..

when you say ''gentle moves' does this involve moving his limbs or spine? or is it more like physio with exercises to do?

how long would an average session last?

how much do you think i am likely to pay? i'll take him to a practitioner in Newcastle..

And how would i know if they have been properly trained...what professional body should they belong too?

many thanks

space cadet
Topic starter
(@space-cadet)
Eminent Member

🙂 Hi Roots..

forgot to say...WELCOME to the forum..

enjoy
x

(@beautystudent)
Prominent Member

i am not a practicioner but have had quite a few sessions of bowen....basically all the client does it lie on the bed fully clothed (loose clothes) - the therapist gently sort of 'rolls' some of the muscles/tissues....it's not sore, the client does not have to move. after each 'roll' of the muscle the therapist leaves the room for 2 minutes or so comes back, does another movement and leaves the room again...and so on. It's very gentle...but so effective.
my sessions lasted about 40-50 minutes and i paid 60euro (so i guess that's about 40something pounds sterling).

Share: