revisiting the place

39 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
 mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

I'm revisiting my former stamping ground but anywhere would have done for this. I expect there will be an 'old' member or two who remembers me. 🙂

I contribute elsewhere and needed to pass on some information from a long way back and wasn't certain I knew where to look. With persistence I managed to get close to what I was looking for (ca 2003 I'd guessed) and being here took me back to the time before HP changed its structure, a long time ago when discussion forums played a bigger role on the website and I knew the contributors.

Anyway, nice to be back briefly. 🙂

38 Replies
(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Delighted you are back. Forum is waiting for wonderful insight!

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Delighted you are back. Forum is waiting for wonderful insight!

thanks for the welcome

Sadly, though, HP isn't the place where I once was a regular contributor. Sadly too my then fellow users are mostly gone. And equally sadly I have little new in terms of insight to offer.

Fings ain't wot they used to be.....

Energylz
(@energylz)

Certainly things change, but that doesn't mean people are all gone. 😉

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Certainly things change, but that doesn't mean people are all gone. 😉

not all, just many or most.... And the website's focus is also very different from what I remember about how it used to be.

Most others of my once favourite websites have changed too. Not complaining, just
remarking. 🙂

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Change is the most constant in our lives. Prehaps the changes can be a positive for you Mac if you open your mind to change. We are delighted to have you back. Is there a topic you would like to discuss or review? Look forward to you viewpoint.

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

At 71 there's now little left this side of the divide for me to investigate - I'll be getting a bird's eye view of things before too long anyway. 😉

My adopted role for some years has been that of trying to help others, those trying to better understand life, death and what follows. Although Modern Spiritualism underpins my understanding (hence my writing in this forum) it's not limited to only that subject. For example I also like to discuss and debate any issue concerning survival and modes of communication.

HP used to be a very big part of my time online and I've met many nice folk on my special-interest forums but I can't spot many of them around right now. 🙁

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

At 71 there's now little left this side of the divide for me to investigate - I'll be getting a bird's eye view of things before too long anyway. 😉

My adopted role for some years has been that of trying to help others, those trying to better understand life, death and what follows. Although Modern Spiritualism underpins my understanding (hence my writing in this forum) it's not limited to only that subject. For example I also like to discuss and debate any issue concerning survival and modes of communication.

HP used to be a very big part of my time online and I've met many nice folk on my special-interest forums but I can't spot many of them around right now. 🙁

Hi Mac
How about elaborating on "survival, and modes of communication"
Also interesting to know what is the difference between old or traditional spiritualism and modern spiritualism..
I would be nice to have a good discussion.

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Mac, wow you sound like very fascinating person and look forward to seeing your post. Please tell us more!

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Hi Mac
How about elaborating on "survival, and modes of communication"
Also interesting to know what is the difference between old or traditional spiritualism and modern spiritualism..
I would be nice to have a good discussion.

It would be nice to have a discussion and if there were active members to join us I'd feel moved to start a thread or two but after looking around on HP's pages there seems to be VERY few recent postings about related subjects - not many thread contributors. I hope this won't sound precious but nowadays I'm not inclined to spend time and effort writing unless there's a reasonable chance my thoughts will bring responses.

Having said that you've been kind enought to encourage me and to ask a few questions which I'll address. I know I'm going to feel like an LP (remember them?) churning out the same old tune but I hope it won't sound that way. 😀

The term 'Modern Spiritualism' refers to the philosophy and registered religion whose teachings and guidance I expect you're already familiar with. It's a term I now use routinely, just dropping back to 'Spiritualism' after I've used the longer one or where readers already understand what I mean.

It's not just an affectation because the SNU - umbrella body for many Spiritualist churches - also uses the two-word term. What I specially intend it to signify is the difference between 'spiritualism' or 'spirituality' and 'Modern Spiritualism'. I've given up arguing and falling out with folk about it though because some will just not accept there's a difference. I see 'modern' as the past couple of centuries. Before then communication still happened of course but without formal structure.

The other aspects - survival and modes of communication - relate to our survival beyond death and the various ways discarnates communicate with incarnates. Under those general descriptions can be found channeling compared with mediumship, psychic compared with spiritual guidance, Tarot, NDE, OOB, personal communication development plus methods of electronic communication.

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Mac, wow you sound like very fascinating person and look forward to seeing your post. Please tell us more!

Well that's very kind of you to say that and I'm flattered but my response to Scommstech will explain my approach nowadays.

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Thank you Mac, I completely understand. I have seen changes in the forum myself. This was one of true blue favorites in forum form. I do not personally care for Facebook..but I still watch and read. Hopefully more persons like yourself will comeback around.
Yes, I read the response ..very interesting.

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

It would be nice to have a discussion and if there were active members to join us I'd feel moved to start a thread or two but after looking around on HP's pages there seems to be VERY few recent postings about related subjects - not many thread contributors. I hope this won't sound precious but nowadays I'm not inclined to spend time and effort writing unless there's a reasonable chance my thoughts will bring responses.

Having said that you've been kind enought to encourage me and to ask a few questions which I'll address. I know I'm going to feel like an LP (remember them?) churning out the same old tune but I hope it won't sound that way. 😀

The term 'Modern Spiritualism' refers to the philosophy and registered religion whose teachings and guidance I expect you're already familiar with. It's a term I now use routinely, just dropping back to 'Spiritualism' after I've used the longer one or where readers already understand what I mean.

It's not just an affectation because the SNU - umbrella body for many Spiritualist churches - also uses the two-word term. What I specially intend it to signify is the difference between 'spiritualism' or 'spirituality' and 'Modern Spiritualism'. I've given up arguing and falling out with folk about it though because some will just not accept there's a difference. I see 'modern' as the past couple of centuries. Before then communication still happened of course but without formal structure.

The other aspects - survival and modes of communication - relate to our survival beyond death and the various ways discarnates communicate with incarnates. Under those general descriptions can be found channeling compared with mediumship, psychic compared with spiritual guidance, Tarot, NDE, OOB, personal communication development plus methods of electronic communication.

Hi Mac.
I've read and re read your answerer and to be honest I am a little confused.
I have never attempted it myself but does it matter what structure one uses to communicate to energies on the "other" side. I don't see how making something structured changes the end result.
I know that the NSU is more organised and to a certain extent more safeguarded in its approach to spiritualism but since time began there seems to have been a connection between the "living" and the "dead".
Spirituality to me however is not the same as spiritualism. Where the actual term spirit came from beats me but spirituality to me is the Divine essence in itself not the expired physical identity that spiritualist attempt to contact.
To be honest I look at spiritualism as merely the proof that an individuals identity such as his or her soul survives physical death.
Once that is accepted then our true purpose is to nourish the soul and support its development.

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Hi Mac.
I've read and re read your answerer and to be honest I am a little confused.
I have never attempted it myself but does it matter what structure one uses to communicate to energies on the "other" side. I don't see how making something structured changes the end result.

With respect, that's not what I said. I was simply comparing the formalised structure of Modern Spiritualism as per the SNU compared with how it was before either existed.

I know that the NSU is more organised and to a certain extent more safeguarded in its approach to spiritualism but since time began there seems to have been a connection between the "living" and the "dead".

Which is what I'd been getting at. A more 'structured' approach has evolved for a host of reasons and at least one of those is for protection of both mediums and seekers.

Spirituality to me however is not the same as spiritualism.

I totally agree - I've lost count of the number of folk who have told me different though.....

Where the actual term spirit came from beats me but spirituality to me is the Divine essence in itself not the expired physical identity that spiritualist attempt to contact.

And spirituality to me means something different. Neither of us is wrong. 🙂

To be honest I look at spiritualism as merely the proof that an individuals identity such as his or her soul survives physical death.

For me it's more but the fundamental principles of Spiritualism are our survival beyond death and the possibility of trans-dimensional communication via mediumship.

Once that is accepted then our true purpose is to nourish the soul and support its development.

That's a different conversation. 🙂

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Oh Mac, this is so delicious. This is truly making me feel better and better. Omg, our uniqueness in the great universes. Cheering!

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

I'm glad the conversation appeals to you, Zandalee, but I confess I'm at a loss to understand quite why that is.....

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Mac, the reason the conversation appeals to me is as you stated very slow on healthypages. I have so enjoyed viewing different viewpoints that are interesting and thought provoking. So delighted to see this although a small amount again on the forum.
You thoughts on this subject matter is thought provoking. I thank you.

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

I'm pleased to hear why you've enjoyed my thoughts and ideas.

I was an extensive contributor here on the old HP pages. Both here at that time - and also elsewhere in past and present - my policy was and still is to be relevant and thought-provoking.

As I approach matters-spiritual very different from many others that tends to happen readily.;):D

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Hi Mac
Reference your statement as to what spirituality means, would you like to elaborate on what spirituality means to you.
As to the fundamental principles of Spiritualism, I do wonder where the true value is.
I myself have had messages that I am convinced could only have come from someone who had passed over. I have also witnessed events that although at the time credited to spiritual activity could easily be credited to other non spiritual action.
Quantum physics appears to be opening scientific avenues that previously were almost certainly attributed to non human activity.
The recently discovered field or force is one such phenomena that may be playing a significant role in our relationship with all others, including what we think of as the spiritual realm.
Harry

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Harry,
I have personally received many messages from person that have passed over as one would say.
These messages at least some have been life changing and truly made me appreciate the wonders of the "energy" that connects us or disconnects depending on how you viewed the physics of the situation or messages. Thank you. So well written.

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Hi Mac
Reference your statement as to what spirituality means, would you like to elaborate on what spirituality means to you.

In very simple terms 'spirituality' has no particular relevance or meaning for me and whatever the dictionary says it means would be meaning enough.

As to the fundamental principles of Spiritualism, I do wonder where the true value is.

For this 34 years-a-Spiritualist it has a very simple value. What value it has for anyone else is, I suggest, a personal issue and I'm happy for it to be that way.

I myself have had messages that I am convinced could only have come from someone who had passed over. I have also witnessed events that although at the time credited to spiritual activity could easily be credited to other non spiritual action.

There's a very significant difference between psychic and spiritual activity but it's understandable when inexperienced seekers confuse the two. It's unforgiveable when experienced practitioners present themselves as one when they're actually the other.

Quantum physics appears to be opening scientific avenues that previously were almost certainly attributed to non human activity.
The recently discovered field or force is one such phenomena that may be playing a significant role in our relationship with all others, including what we think of as the spiritual realm.
Harry

Time will tell whether quantum science can explain the nature and operation of the dimensions we've known about for decades. Those who know about them know they're 'for real' and don't need qantum physics to prove their existence. Those who don't know about them are the individuals who will need to be presented with understandable, actual proof via science.

I wonder if that will happen in what remains of my present lifetime. :confused:

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

Mac, once again you enlighten me to take a turn in my belief system or systems as it may be with myself. Your power in your written word is quite powerful. I hope you have been published. Have a great evening!

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Time will tell whether quantum science can explain the nature and operation of the dimensions we've known about for decades. Those who know about them know they're 'for real' and don't need qantum physics to prove their existence. Those who don't know about them are the individuals who will need to be presented with understandable, actual proof via science.

I wonder if that will happen in what remains of my present lifetime. :confused:

I think that quantum science has indeed explained some of the nature and operation of what are commonly called dimensions.
In maths at school before a formulae was taught the proof of that formulae was demonstrated. This enabled the student to understand the principles involved and thus be able to apply and adapt the formulae as was fitting to solve a problem.
Quantum for me is serving a similar purpose. It is not a question of providing proof of the existence of dimensional energies it is more a showing of how the creative "jigsaw " itself has been created so that its proper interpretation can be more fully realised. In my case I have been more interested in the healing potential of creation.
Regards
harry

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Mac, once again you enlighten me to take a turn in my belief system or systems as it may be with myself. Your power in your written word is quite powerful. I hope you have been published. Have a great evening!

Well I'm touched you should feel that way and I'm humbled my thoughts have such appeal for you. I feel I'm simply churning out the simple stuff I've been doing now for what seems a very long time.

It's perhaps not surprising given the information comes from spiritually-progressed sources and their teachings never waver. I use my own words and apply that guidance to everyday situations as best I can. I'm heartened to hear it sometimes works. 🙂

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

I think that quantum science has indeed explained some of the nature and operation of what are commonly called dimensions.

You could well be right, Harry, but my understanding is insufficient to deal with quantum sciences so I'm in no position to assess what they demonstrate. 😉

In maths at school before a formulae was taught the proof of that formulae was demonstrated. This enabled the student to understand the principles involved and thus be able to apply and adapt the formulae as was fitting to solve a problem.

That's what I was taught but quantum equations weren't around in my school so I was never exposed to them.

Quantum for me is serving a similar purpose. It is not a question of providing proof of the existence of dimensional energies it is more a showing of how the creative "jigsaw " itself has been created so that its proper interpretation can be more fully realised. In my case I have been more interested in the healing potential of creation.

When someone who already knows and understands the nature of survival, someone who knows and understands the principle of the many dimensions through which we will pass on our personal odysseys of spiritual discovery, AND is also is an expert on quantum science explains how quantum sciences show what we already know THEN I'll take note. Until then I'm happy to continue with what I know and am persuaded about. 🙂

I don't follow what you mean when you say the healing potential of creation..... :confused:

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

I don't follow what you mean when you say the healing potential of creation..... :confused:

Basically it means that because the Divines' creative energies are an on going phenomena, they are needed for our day to day survival (just like oxygen) we can used then to repair damage to the body. (these energies are responsible for the conversion of conceptual stem cells to recognisable and functional tissue)
This is one of the mysteries to me why the "other side " appear not to pass this information on to us.

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Basically it means that because the Divines' creative energies are an on going phenomena, they are needed for our day to day survival (just like oxygen) we can used then to repair damage to the body. (these energies are responsible for the conversion of conceptual stem cells to recognisable and functional tissue)
This is one of the mysteries to me why the "other side " appear not to pass this information on to us.

I still don't understand what you mean. Why do you feel that some form of creative energy is necessary for our day-to-day survival? It's not a concept I'm aware of but even if what you say is accurate what point would there be in our knowing more about it if it's utilisation is not within our remit?

Or are you speaking about something commonly termed 'spiritual healing' where a practitioner is simply a channel for healing energy whose origin is outside of this physical dimension? A situation similar to the above where there's no great need to understand the principle because we don't have significant influence over it.

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

I still don't understand what you mean. Why do you feel that some form of creative energy is necessary for our day-to-day survival? It's not a concept I'm aware of but even if what you say is accurate what point would there be in our knowing more about it if it's utilisation is not within our remit?

Even a simple grandfather clock has a support system to keep its coherence. Its called the pendulum and it stops the clocks coherence from going adrift.
The timing or resonance relationship between "field" energy and particle energy would allow for synchronisation to occur. This would allow physical matter to be kept coherent as created.
To me it is inconceivable that the creator would not have put into place a system to maintain and protect his creation.
This "field" resonance can be called upon by "intention" thus allowing it to be within our remit. Consequently it is within our power to re train incoherent cells which then manifests themselves as a healing.

(@scommstech)
Honorable Member

Or are you speaking about something commonly termed 'spiritual healing' where a practitioner is simply a channel for healing energy whose origin is outside of this physical dimension? A situation similar to the above where there's no great need to understand the principle because we don't have significant influence over it.

Effectively yes, however once the principles are known greater things can be accomplished than just healing.
We actually do have influence as regards our potential. Sadly many do not try to understand the building blocks of creation and only rely on handed down guidance, which although it may seem adequate, does not allow for progress.
If you look at what Jesus is credited with as regards "miracles". to the scientific mind they are not miracles but applications of energies, which we are all capable of doing, as Jesus himself confirmed..

mac
Topic starter
(@mac)
Prominent Member

Even a simple grandfather clock has a support system to keep its coherence. Its called the pendulum and it stops the clocks coherence from going adrift.
The timing or resonance relationship between "field" energy and particle energy would allow for synchronisation to occur. This would allow physical matter to be kept coherent as created.
To me it is inconceivable that the creator would not have put into place a system to maintain and protect his creation.
This "field" resonance can be called upon by "intention" thus allowing it to be within our remit. Consequently it is within our power to re train incoherent cells which then manifests themselves as a healing.

But it's just your theory, your idea.....?? :confused:

Page 1 / 2
Share: