Did your dead loved...

Notifications
Clear all

Did your dead loved one help you find a new love?

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@treetop)
Trusted Member

My ex fiance unexpectedly died a couple of years ago but I only found out recently. It was a shock. I suppose in the back of my mind I thought we'd get back together. I've asked him to come to me in my dreams but no sightings yet. I want him to help me find a good man to marry in this lifetime. I never married and I'm lonely. I haven't been successful in finding anyone suitable. It would be good karma for him, right? 😉

9 Replies
Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Why would you want to hold him from going forward on his own path? (And, since you believe in karma, hardly good for you, surely?)

Topic starter
(@treetop)
Trusted Member

Forgot to mention that he said he wanted me to be happy (via a healer I know who is psychic and spontaneously is often contacted by spirits) and that he'd made a mistake by leaving me. I told him I wanted someone as wonderful as he was but without his faults. Cheeky! He said he'd find someone English. Time will tell. In life he was very competitive and successful at reaching goals so I told him I knew he was up to this task!

I do pray for his soul nightly, tell him that I love him and that I hope he gets what he needs on the other side.

Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

Not all mistakes are karmic....it would depend if he learned from his mistake. And unless you were greatly harmed by his actions I wouldn't see that he owes you any karmic debt.

But why is it up to him to find a partner for you? Also have you considered that maybe you have something to learn from being single? In which case would he even be allowed to steer someone in your direction.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

If he has got to the Land of the Dead then he will know that you have your path to follow and will not interfere. If he has not got to the Land of the Dead then his advice is not worth taking, and he needs help more than you do.

Topic starter
(@treetop)
Trusted Member

Not all mistakes are karmic....it would depend if he learned from his mistake. And unless you were greatly harmed by his actions I wouldn't see that he owes you any karmic debt.

Also have you considered that maybe you have something to learn from being single?

He said he realized he'd made a mistake and yes, I was harmed (without going into all the details). I've forgiven him. There is nothing more I can learn by being single at my age now but plenty to learn by being married -- to the right man for me. You learn the most about yourself in relationship with others.

Just remembered that my healer told me that he can't do a lot of things himself but can guide me as to what to do, where to go, etc., and I have to be open to receiving the information. We came up with a signal he will use to notify me. It's a specif sound only I will hear. I've been meditating more.

I've read anecdotes over the years about widows, for example, who met their new spouses and felt it was through the good graces of their dead spouses. Was looking for more information along those lines.

Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

There is nothing more I can learn by being single at my age now but plenty to learn by being married -- to the right man for me. You learn the most about yourself in relationship with others.

Actually I would argue that until you know and love yourself exactly as you are , you cannot have a truly meaningful relationship with anyone. The most important relationship anyone has is with themselves.

Topic starter
(@treetop)
Trusted Member

I would argue that until you know and love yourself exactly as you are , you cannot have a truly meaningful relationship with anyone. The most important relationship anyone has is with themselves.

I agree. I was happily independent and single, having done a lot of healing and transformative work on myself on every level, more than most people. I've had a life many would envy but no one, on their deathbed, ever regretted not spending more time at the office (or not having enough shoes). It wasn't until I met my ex that I realized what I'd been missing. I continued to learn more about myself when we split up and even now that he's dead. Like Joni Mitchell sang, "You don't know what you've got till it's gone." We never stop learning. Now being single feels a bit selfish. I'd like to offer my love and support to a soul mate and share the rest of my life with him.

I find that people who have had bad marriages are the ones who discourage marriage. Not everyone's marriage is the same. It's what you make of it. I just watched the last installment of the 7Up series which has been ongoing for nearly fifty years. I found 56Up quite moving and highly recommend it.

Tashanie
(@tashanie)
Noble Member

Well I am ,living proof that re-marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. After several bad relationships and marriages (not catching up with Liz Taylor by any means tho) I finally married my partner of 20 years on my 60th birthday. Its never too late 🙂

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Well I am ,living proof that re-marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. After several bad relationships and marriages (not catching up with Liz Taylor by any means tho) I finally married my partner of 20 years on my 60th birthday. Its never too late 🙂

Congratulations:)

Share: