IFPA/ ITEC Aromathe...

Notifications
Clear all

IFPA/ ITEC Aromatherapy Courses

OrlaB
Topic starter
(@orlab)

Hi there,

Does anyone have any views on whether there is a huge difference between the ITEC Aromatherapy Diploma (Level 3) and the IFPA accredited diplomas which are Level 4? Pros/ cons of each would be really appreciated.

Also does anyone have any experience of studying with the SEED Institute? Clinical Aromatherapy Diploma and Post Graduate courses. I am considering doing some elements distance learning.

Thank you!

Orla

8 Replies
Sue CarberryF
(@sue-carberryf)
Estimable Member

Hi OrlaB,

I am a member of the IFPA and studied with The Tisserand Institute back in 1996, I've also taught the ITEC Aromatherapy Dip course.

The following points are the differences I found between the 2
* IFPA courses mix the massage, A&P and Essential oils all together so you apply the knowledge as you learn it.
* ITEC - courses run 1 after another.
* IFPA - Essential oil knowledge is wider and more detailed.
* ITEC - Essential oil knowledge is fixed and you have to stick to the book (this is why I no longer teach).
* IFPA - Generally longer courses and through a private college.
* ITEC - Shorter and can be done through the local authority colleges.

I went to Kew Gardens with my course and took my students there in my own time. I feel this is a valuable experience for the buddy Aromatherapist and I still visit at least once a year.

The choice is yours as to which course you want to do. The best piece of advice that was given to me is "the therapist comes from within and your initial training is just the beginning. Never stop learning"

Go well, Sue

karenproberts
(@karenproberts)

Orla, just wandering if you did start studying with the SEED institute or not as i am now looking at enrolling in the Clinicial Aromatherapy course distance learning.

Thanks
Karen

tigress
(@tigress)
Illustrious Member

Hi Karen

welcome to HP.
You have replied to a post from April 2009, and Orla has not made any more posts, so you may not get a response

Tigress
(wIth moderator hat on)

(@karenproberts)

Hi Tigress, Yes i realised this, i'm just trying to work out what Aromatherapy course to take and i'm dithering between ITEC Level 3 or distance learning with the SEED Institute!!!! Help!
Karen

Ccole
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

You cannot do a practical course through distance learning.

I am doing an aromatherapy course with ITEC and it has been good so far and the practical sessions are invaluable. Good luck

cody
 cody
(@cody)

I have just emailed The Seed Institute for info regarding their distance learning course do ye know if its any good? or is there a shorter way of getting a diploma than doing a year with ITEC

Ccole
(@ccole)
Estimable Member

If it is time thats the issue, Devon Academy do a condensed course over 4 months. 3-5 days over a weekend a month (5 days if need A&P and aromatherapy, 3 days if just aromatherapy). It is still the ITEC course but condensed.

I am a reflexologist/reiki practitioner and as i said before, you cant do distance learning for a practical course and be a safe practitioner. If i was a client looking I would not touch a distance learner with a a barge pole!

Reiki Pixie
(@reiki-pixie)
Noble Member

I just had a look at the SEEDs aromatherapy diploma course

Looks OK to me. Seems better than a lot of courses out there.

Share: