finding a vocation!

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Hi

I don't know if this is the right place on the forum to post this? but if anyone knows of any way to find out what one's vocation in life is, I'd really like to hear it!!!

I've tried writing down all ideas I have for a vocation, tried asking the angels, etc etc - just can't find a job/career I like, let alone love; and I'd really like to! It doesn't have to be anything high-powered. I can't find a job at the moment, and don't even know what to look for(!)

Cheers x

11 Replies
(@star99)
Noble Member

Hi

I don't know if this is the right place on the forum to post this? but if anyone knows of any way to find out what one's vocation in life is, I'd really like to hear it!!!

I've tried writing down all ideas I have for a vocation, tried asking the angels, etc etc - just can't find a job/career I like, let alone love; and I'd really like to! It doesn't have to be anything high-powered. I can't find a job at the moment, and don't even know what to look for(!)

Cheers x

You could try something gentle to begin with such as Wild Oat from the Bach flower remedies.

(@nigel-h)

There's a process called the 'Purpose in Life' that I could explain to you. Too long for me to type out here I'm afraid.

It looks at the things you have done in the past that were important to you and what they meant etc etc - to take you through to a point where you define what your purpose in life is. You can then use this with any future decisions you need to make, to see if they are in alignment with your purpose, so hence if you are more or less likely to achieve them.

(@lumiere)
Estimable Member

Hi Cinnamon,

I know how you feel. I've spent years trying to find my vocation. Some people just know what they want to do with their lives from when they're small, don't they? I've found my vocation now, but only because I've recently met certain people (by accident?) and also with the help of this wonderful website!

Maybe it's not time for you to find your vocation yet? But that's just an idea...

xxx

(@lumiere)
Estimable Member

Hi Cinnamon,

I'm reading this book at the moment, which was lent to me by a friend:

I think you'd enjoy it.

xxx

(@lumiere)
Estimable Member

Sorry Cinammon - I've been spelling your name wrong!

xxx

(@Anonymous)

Focus on your passion. What makes you feel most alive and present? If you don't have any, try different things at random. I think that we if we follow a path of personal development and self-awareness, issues such as jobs naturally become clearer.

Ebru
(@ebru)

Dear Cinammon,

I am a personal development coach and I help my clients discover the work they were born to do. Feel free to visit my website and download my report "10 Powerful Questions To Help You Discover The Work You Love" (it's free). I hope it helps.

Best wishes,

Ebru Ulufer

Ebru
(@ebru)

Hi Cinammon,

Here are some questions to help you discover your vocation :

1. What work would you love to do if money was not a concern to you ?
2. What inspires you ? What do you most enjoy about life ?
3. What are your values ? Which values do you want to express through your work ?
4. What comes natural and easy to you? What do you do without struggle ?
5. What are your strengths, talents and gifts? What are your natural abilities? Write them down and spend some time reflecting on your answer. Then ask your friends and family members to answer this question for you. What is their perception of your skills and abilities? What do they think you are good at? Ask them what they see is a gift that you bring to the world. Sometimes others can help us see what we may not see.
6. Is there anything you wanted to do, but have held back for some reason?

Remove all limits and allow yourself to dream about the work you were born to do.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ebru Ulufer

kvdp
(@kvdp)
Noble Member

You don't find a vocation, it calls you - that's what vocation means.

Put another way, when you know what your vocation is, then it will be obvious. You might even find yourself doing it without any recollection of a concious decision to pursue that path.

Rosi1
(@rosi1)
Famed Member

I think that we if we follow a path of personal development and self-awareness, issues such as jobs naturally become clearer.

This has been my experience also. The more one focuses on self-healing, gifts and talents present themselves. The more we clear, the more clarity we gain.

Topic starter
(@cinammon)
Eminent Member

Thanks, everyone. Really appreciate your answers - v. helpful and comforting.

Hope everyone's warm and safe right now. xx

Share: