10 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Angel
Topic starter
(@angel)
Noble Member

Hiya everyone

A couple of days ago I noticed a very dull ache in my right breast, it's toward the centre and mostly under my nipple. There is no bruising or markings and I cannot recall bumping it or anything. It almost feels as if it has been handled very roughly indeed (my hubby assures me he hasn't man handled me in my sleep, lol) and it hurts if I run upstairs. (In other words if it jangles about.)

I've been wearing a firmer bra, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Angel x

9 Replies
Mysticangel
(@mysticangel)
Noble Member

You should get yourself an appointment at the doctors and get yourself checked out, I had breast pain some time ago, it was very painful and uncomfortable, it turned out to be hormonal and nothing serious, but you need a doctor's advice.

Angel
Topic starter
(@angel)
Noble Member

Hormonal you say.....hmm I recently went back on the pill, I wonder if it could be that.

Mysticangel
(@mysticangel)
Noble Member

Hormonal you say.....hmm I recently went back on the pill, I wonder if it could be that.

Well could be, but best not to speculate. Hope you contact your doctor.

Funnybunny
(@funnybunny)
Honorable Member

I would still go and see the GP. I had something similar about 18 months ago & it was "diagnosed" as mastalgia and the consultant asked me to up my evening primose oil to 3000mgs a day. It settled down and I don't have a problem now

HTH FBx

Angel
Topic starter
(@angel)
Noble Member

Gosh, I had this about 11 years ago and the Doctor told me to take Evening Primrose Oil, it took a long time to get into my system but it worked and never returned....unless that is what I have now?

Thankd for the heads up everyone, I will pop to the Docs to get it checked out.

Angel x

Gussie
(@gussie)
Famed Member

Bras can also contribute, specially underwired, as can muscular tension in general, or lying on the breast at night, creating pressure. As already mentioned mastalgia could also be a possibility, specially if you have a history of it. I agree, that a visit to the doctor is in order to put your mind at rest and give you some guidance.

katherineiv
(@katherineiv)
Reputable Member

I know this was on here a while ago but ive had this for years! im 42 now and went to the docs loads. only when i searched the pc for it found Mastalgia and have finally just started taking starflower high strength as told it was good.
Worried me for ages and doc checked my breasts last week and said ok (think she thinks im going mad lol)

how are you now?

Dan1
(@dan1)

Im 31 and suffering from like a 'boob ache' its driving me crazy and making me quite worried - I self check all the time and I have no lumps or bumps :confused:.
Im seeing my nurse on Monday so Im hoping she will set my mind at ease.

I know someone mentioned bra's especially underwired ones dont help but being a 38e/f I need the underwire for support.

A very worried Dan1 xx

(@joe-lefebvre)

Im 31 and suffering from like a 'boob ache' its driving me crazy and making me quite worried - I self check all the time and I have no lumps or bumps :confused:.
Im seeing my nurse on Monday so Im hoping she will set my mind at ease.

I know someone mentioned bra's especially underwired ones dont help but being a 38e/f I need the underwire for support.

A very worried Dan1 xx

There are good bras out there which will support 38 e/f size breasts. you just have to search for a very good one.

Share: