Notifications
Clear all

poorly toe and foot

Bambi
Topic starter
(@bambi)
Eminent Member

A couple of years ago my little toe was bright red, very sore with little spots under the surface of the skin and I lost the toe nail. It cleared up but keeps coming back. It has now spread across the other toes and across the ball of my foot too. The little toe is so sore, the nail grows back but it is really thick, hard, yellow and mishapen. I have used hydro-cortisone cream, gp says its probably eczema, which I've never suffered with anywhere else!
Im now pregnant and have no idea what I can use on it, one gp says hydroC cream is ok the other says its not???
Help!!! Hayley :(xx

5 Replies
derekgruender
(@derekgruender)
Prominent Member

I have no idea what this might be, but I have found that good old tea tree oil often works where conventional medications do not - worth a try?

Have you thought about seeing a kinesiologist to get muscle tested to find out what it is/why it's happening/what will get rid of it?

Have you tried any healers local to you?

Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi Hayley,

A couple of years ago my little toe was bright red, very sore with little spots under the surface of the skin and I lost the toe nail. It cleared up but keeps coming back. It has now spread across the other toes and across the ball of my foot too. The little toe is so sore, the nail grows back but it is really thick, hard, yellow and mishapen. I have used hydro-cortisone cream, gp says its probably eczema, which I've never suffered with anywhere else!
Im now pregnant and have no idea what I can use on it, one gp says hydroC cream is ok the other says its not???
Help!!! Hayley :(xx

I would suggest you see another GP for a second opinion. (You have the right to ask to see any GP you want in your registered practice).

Only medically trained professionals can offer a diagnosis, though other can offer their suggestions, but you'd have to get it confirmed by a medical practitioner.

To me, it sounds very much like a case of athletes foot (small blistering spots under the skin) and/or a fungal nail infection (yellowing and brittle nails).

[url]athletes foot - Google Search[/url]

[url]fungal nail infection - Google Search[/url]

Getting rid of it can take a while, and involves good care of the feet, lots of washing, clean socks (perhaps medications from the doctor) etc.

As already mentioned, Tea Tree is a good recommendation for killing fungal infections (recommended by my Chiropodist, though I was already using it myself)

All Love and Reiki Hugs

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Teatree oil would be my suggestion too. You can run a drop under the nail and depress the nail to spread it and then rub the oil over the other affected areas. Cotton socks would probably be better than artificial fibres which can harbour infections if not washed on a very hot wash or bleached. The insides of your shoes would be better powdered with antifungal too.

Hope it gets sorted soon!

Ash74
(@ash74)

I have to agree with Energylz, you should see another GP to get a second opinion. This way you will be able to know what the problem really is and how you can properly address it.

Personally speaking, though, from the description you've provided about your toenail you probably have a bad case of athlete's foot. You could check this site out for more information about athlete's foot: [url]Athlete's Foot Medication, Symptoms, Treatment, Home Remedy and Prevention by MedicineNet.com[/url].

Addressing this problem may take some time, but there are various remedies that you can use. You might not find this to your liking because of the smell, but this definitely works. For a natural remedy, cut raw garlic into pieces or into slivers, wrap it in a gauze, and wear it inside your shoes for several days. The garlic will be absorbed into the skin. You can also dust garlic powder onto your feet to address the root cause of the athlete's foot.

For a foots soak solution: bathe your feet daily in a half-and-half mixture of vinegar and
water. After that, dry them thoroughly and apply pure processed oil such as olive oil to
the infected areas. Or, you can soak your feet in a solution of 2 teaspoons of salt and a
pint of water for about ten mins. Do this on a daily basis until your athlete's foot clear
up. To make these remedies more potent, you can use them in conjunction with otc anti-fungal products like Zerofungus cream. You just have to be patient in dealing with athlete's foot because it can be stubborn and recurrence is possible.

joannema
(@joannema)

'white spots' does seem more likely to be eczema/psoriasis than tinea pedis. Tea tree oil used neat may aggrivate the condition. you're probably better using somthing to reduce the inflammation. I would advise that you go go back to your GP.

Share: