Notifications
Clear all

severe sinus problems! help!!

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter
(@josephsmomma)

Hi all!!! I have had sinus issues all my life but never this bad. The inside of my nose actually feels like it's cracking!! It is extremely sore!! When I blow my nose it's blood and a little yellow fluid. My sinuses really don't drain to the point I have sore throat...I'm not sure what's going on. I sleep with a humidifier running, use a&d ointment for the soreness in my nose, I've tried saline solutions and nasal irrigation but anything with the salt severely dries out my nose. Oh and my Dr gives me antibiotics frequently.. I'm also on singulair. Help!!!

7 Replies
(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Have you been prescribed singulair for asthma or seasonal allergies? How long have you been taking it? How frequently are you taking anti-biotics and how long is the 'course' (5/7/14 days??) Have you had the nasal discharge swabbed to check cause? Is it bactierial or fungal? Are you using a humidifier in your bedroom or the whole house? Do you use any essential oils in it? Is the water regularly replaced and the storage tank cleaned regularly?

Topic starter
(@josephsmomma)

My Dr thinks it's seasonal allergies. I've been taking it daily for 3 months now. I'm usually on antibiotics for this every two months at least. Last time was 2 weeks ago I had to see the NP instead of my Dr. She gave me 7 days of amoxcicillian 875. When I see my Dr he usually gives me a 14 day cycle of bactrim. I have not had the discharge swabbed. Didn't know there could do that...and it was never offered. I use a humidifier just In my bedroom. It's cleaned every few days to a week. Never tried essential oils in it.

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

What is your sleeping 'environment' like? I notice you live in Texas. We lived in Virginia in the early 90's and one of the kids at my daughters' school was constantly ill with various infections - it was found, after nearly 18 months, that she was having a reaction to two different things - a mould that was growing behind the wood panelling in her bedroom, plus a gas being given off by the fabric of the bed base she was sleeping on (it was deteriorating - previously used by other family members for many years). All the anti-biotics had done was ruin her gut flora!

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

What is your sleeping 'environment' like? I notice you live in Texas. We lived in Virginia in the early 90's and one of the kids at my daughters' school was constantly ill with various infections - it was found, after nearly 18 months, that she was having a reaction to two different things - a mildew (mold) that was growing behind the wood paneling in her bedroom, plus a gas being given off by the fabric of the bed base she was sleeping on (the foam wadding was deteriorating - previously used by other young family members for many years). All the anti-biotics prescribed during a 3 year period had little other than ruin her gut flora.

(@shirleyzee)

Sinus help

I had pretty bad sinus problems for years and doctors also just kept giving me antibiotics then I went to a herbalist and she gave me a herbal mix that sorted it. Within a few days it started to clear and was gone in a week. I don't know what herbal tinctures were in it (I think there were anti inflammatories )but it worked. It reoccurred about every 6 months for a couple of years and would just keep a bottle of the mix in the cupboard for when it flared up but now it's gone completely. My herbalist has gone to the States but there are lots of good herbalists in the UK.

Topic starter
(@josephsmomma)

Wow! My environment seems to be okay. Obviously. We have things blooming all year around here. We've lived in 2 different homes before buying and I've had these issues bad when we moved out here. I don't think it could be our bed, we recently purchased it brand new also with the head/foot board.

Is there anything I can do that is natural to just help the process???

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Do as Shirleyzee recommended - find a herbalist. You could try the American Herbalist Guild - even though they are not showing any members in Texas, they may be able to give you advice on line or via their phone line - [url]American Herbalists Guild | An Association of Herbal Practitioners[/url]

Share: