Clear all

Crunchy neck and massage

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@cheshirecat)

Hello everybody!
I have just had a request from a client who says he has a crunchy neck and wants a massage as he feels it might help . I had lots of people with a tight neck , and the massage actually helped them but never had anyone with a crunchy neck and as I'm not sure what is the cause of it (might be a herniated disc , although that would come with much more serious syptoms ).
Could anyone give me any advice please .
Thank you

3 Replies
meadowsweet
(@meadowsweet)
Honorable Member

Will be interested to know about this one. My neck gets all crunchy from poor posture at the pc and my main income is me sat on me bum in front of one for near 12 hours a day. My neck gets worse if I'm stressed and have wondered whether some massage would help untangle the muscle knots that must be causing it.

I guess as long as your client has got the ok from his/her GP to receiving massage then I think it could probably help.

(@john-ryle)
Eminent Member

couple of things it could be, could be severe arthritis and literally the biones rubbing together, but they would be in awful pain. The other more liely thing is a build up of scar tissue and fluid around the joint which literally causes a crunchy sensation but is just immobility. if they dont have any red or yellow flags give massage a go!

gunstalin
(@gunstalin)

Take Breaks - don't stay in the same position for hours and hours, walk away from your desk or computer regularly, and use the most ergonomic posture that you can when doing repetitive work. Stretch regularly, it helps establish nice patterns of movement and increases your range of motion. Stay hydrated, skip excess caffeine and alcohol. Keep in touch with your body through activities that allow an understanding of how you're feeling, like meditation and yoga. You wouldn't wait for your car to break down before changing the oil - take a moment to listen to your body and notice where you have stress and tension, so that you can take preventative action before a condition worsens. Regular massage appointments can also help inform you and remind you of what is happening with your muscles, all while treating the pain and discomfort and increasing circulation.

Share: