Correct way to clean teeth?

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
jeannie
Topic starter
(@jeannie)
Noble Member

Hello there I am curious as to the advice I have recently been given by a Dentist with regards to the correct way to clean teeth. He said forget about the actual tooth as such and just brush where the gum and tooth meet, he said the gums may bleed for a week or two but this should stop. I know this is the area where plaque can build but still seems rather weird to me, have others been told this or something different maybe?

9 Replies
pinkangel
(@pinkangel)
Noble Member

Hi Jeannie,
I've recently been given similar advice from the hygienist.
Basically its important to angle the brush slightly at base of tooth/gum and to either brush side to side or circular motion and then flick brush to top of tooth, move along to next tooth and repeat. I was also told to expect bleeding for a week or so as I had a lot of plaque removed but after that it should settle down.
Other suggestion was to buy an electric toothbrush of the sonic variety, apparently if you brush too hard with one of these it switches itself off.

(@alex-nielsen)
Eminent Member

I would recommend an electric toothbrush. Remember excessive brushing can cause recession at the root of the tooth.

(@flowers)
Estimable Member

Thanks for the info, this is quite good to know.

(@bird-girl)

Teeth and gums

Please give advice on gum problems. I recently had dental work on my front teeth but can't get my gums to heal, dentist sent me to a periodontist who wants to do procedure which I will have stitches and weeks to heal and also emdogain treatment . I'm in very good health eat good diet and take plenty of vitamins, worried what this will do to gums! Sounds so painful, is there an alternative method I can use to avoid these stitches?

jeannie
Topic starter
(@jeannie)
Noble Member

Oh dear, just noticed your post Bird girl and no replies, how are things with you now?

(@jnani)
Noble Member

Teeth and gums

Please give advice on gum problems. I recently had dental work on my front teeth but can't get my gums to heal, dentist sent me to a periodontist who wants to do procedure which I will have stitches and weeks to heal and also emdogain treatment . I'm in very good health eat good diet and take plenty of vitamins, worried what this will do to gums! Sounds so painful, is there an alternative method I can use to avoid these stitches?

Co q 10 200mg or atleast 120 mg is very good for gums. Also take 1000mg of vitamin c for quick recovery in gums.
I would also highly recommend doing Shunaya mudra to heal gums back to health.
Shunaya mudra is held by gently pressing the middle finger under the thumb. Hold this mudra on both hands and do it 45 minutes a day. Break 45 minutes into several short intervals if you like.
It will help like dream. Hope it is all back to balance soon

(@Anonymous)

Hi there

I found a website which gives lots of information about helping teeth naturally so there may be something in there that could assist you. It's Ramiel Nagel.

Hope this helps

(@rebecca44)
Eminent Member

I had stitches with my wisdom teeth. I had to be careful how to brush the teeth. I was given a water pic to clean the area daily so it did not become infected or get dry sockets.

(@mikee888)

Who use electric toothbrush every day? Is electric toothbrush is good for tooth? I think about purchase that, and i want to get opinions about it.

Share: