possible cause of thyroid cancer ......

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Anne Mary
Topic starter
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Found this on my Facebook page today. Thank you Tessa!

8 Replies
(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

I try to read this post...is it private?

Anne Mary
Topic starter
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

No certainly not. It is a screenshot I uploaded but maybe I should type it out completely.
I'll do that tomorrow when I have more time, but for now: it says that dental x-rays and mammograms can cause thyroid cancer because dentists and technicians who perform the x-rays don't use the little flaps and 'thyroid guards' they have for that purpose.

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Where was this info published Anne Mary?

Anne Mary
Topic starter
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Where was this info published Anne Mary?

On my Facebook page, by a neighbour.

Anne Mary
Topic starter
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

I try to read this post...is it private?

Can you see it now or should I type it out on here?

Anne Mary
Topic starter
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

Right here goes, more or less:
Dr Oz said on a tv show that the fastest growing cancer in women, namely thyroid cancer, may well be related to the use of dental x-rays and mammograms. On the apron the dentist puts on you for an x-ray is a little flap that can be wrapped round your neck. But many don’t use it. Also, there is a ‘thyroid guard’ for use during mammograms. As it happens
“I had my yearly mammogram yesterday. I felt a little silly, but I asked about the guard and sure enough, the technician had one in a drawer. I asked why it wasn’t routinely used. Answer: “I don’t know. You have to ask for it”. Well, if I hasn’t seen the (Dr. Oz) show, how would I have know to ask?”

This story was forwarded on Facebook by someone I know, who's sister had thyroid cancer when she was in her early twenties. It was originally published by one Opal E. DeLong.

Anne Mary
Topic starter
(@anne-mary)
Honorable Member

This story was forwarded on Facebook by someone I know, who's sister had thyroid cancer when she was in her early twenties. It was originally published by one Opal E. DeLong.

This woman I know just told me that in her family of 4 children, she was the only one to not have had problems with her thyroid (although closely monitored) and the only one not to have lots and lots of dental x rays as a child, as the only one who didn't have braces fitted. The family is under expert supervision now and genetics and other causes have been ruled out.

(@zandalee)
Reputable Member

This woman I know just told me that in her family of 4 children, she was the only one to not have had problems with her thyroid (although closely monitored) and the only one not to have lots and lots of dental x rays as a child, as the only one who didn't have braces fitted. The family is under expert supervision now and genetics and other causes have been ruled out.

Thank you...I will ask next time I go to my dentist. Which is very soon I must add.

Share: