Sept. 21st to 22nd all Witches are going to wear little purple ribbons
so everyone will know Who
Else is a witch/wiccan/ pagan/... . But no one can do this if they
don't know about it, so pass the word along! This message goes to all
Witches, Wiccans, Pagans from all sorts of traditions. We can make a
day for Ourselves!! Actually, two days!!! You can buy a purple ribbon
anywhere,
Dollar store, wal-mart, shoppers drug mart, anywhere...Wear it in your
Hair, or pin it up to your shirt. Make it public!!!

This was sent to me from the group Witch Women of the World

10 Replies
x_shining_star_x
(@x_shining_star_x)
Honorable Member

RE: Purple ribbon day

That's a nice idea 😀 Do you kow what UK shops have those? Also do you have a link to the Witch Women of the World group you speak of - it sounds interesting - I searched for it & didn't come upwith anything.

Love&Light,
SS
[sm=nature-smiley-008.gif]

orchid
(@orchid)
Honorable Member

That sounds a lovely idea, hope it will be happening here in the UK, will anyone else here be wearing purple ribbons? wont be the same if there homemade and all different shades
Love Orchid x

Holistic
(@holistic)
Illustrious Member

What were you searching for, SS? I put the name into google and found this at the top of the list:

[link= http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_eg.html?a=caab&id=26697 ]http://www.witchvox.com/vn/vn_detail/dt_eg.html?a=caab&id=26697[/link]

However, if I put purple ribbons on the end of the key words for searching, I got a link back here ... it often happens that way!

Sherringham's post may have been helpful to our members in the USA ... if you go to the site you'll find links in the right side bar to other regions of the world. But I saw no mention of purple ribbons in the England section.

Perhaps a trip to Woolworths or your local haberdashery would be the thing to do? Or maybe Sherringham will provide some further info when she's next on line?

Holistic

Topic starter
(@sherringham)
Prominent Member

Have contacted the person who sent me this, but so far have heard nothing further as to a site. It has however been suggested that Asda might be doing the ribbons, but whether this is true or not remains to be seen.
Most peoplethat I know shall be wearing a half inch wide purple ribbon with a pent on top, just to confirm. Some male Witches are thinking on a purple tie.
When and if I hear any more I shall let you know

x_shining_star_x
(@x_shining_star_x)
Honorable Member

Thanks Holistic & Sherringham. 😀

On the link you provided Holistic, it has a link to their yahoo group. I tend to automatically search with Yahoo instead of Google so that's probably why I didn't find it!

SS
x

(@jonnyhotpants)
Estimable Member

OK if I use the One left over from International Workers Memorial Day 28th April? It's still on my CND shirt. It's a lovely shade. And as Alice Walker saidin The Color Purple."I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."

Holistic
(@holistic)
Illustrious Member

ORIGINAL: x_shining_star_x

On the link you provided Holistic, it has a link to their yahoo group. I tend to automatically search with Yahoo instead of Google so that's probably why I didn't find it!

SS
x

I was only having a very quick look! 😉 I hadn't seen the link to the Yahoo group, but not everyone belongs to those, so perhaps not relevant here.

This link is to the England section which I mentioned earlier, and which has another link near the topof the page to what appears to be a comprehensive list of events:

[link= http://www.witchvox.com/vn/hm/ukgb2.html ]http://www.witchvox.com/vn/hm/ukgb2.html[/link]

Didn't see anything about ribbons, though they do seem to be very fond of purple text! 😀

BTW, [link= http://www.dogpile.com ]www.dogpile.com[/link] isalso useful forsearching... it combines Google, Yahoo and a few others, all in one.

Holistic

(@terra)

Purple ribbons

Hi, I just heard about the purple ribbon. I understand a lot of people want to purchase their ribbons since they'll all look the same, and I've looked at other forums and some people are worried about the purple ribbon being the same colour as the colour for Lupus.

I will be selling purple ribbons which will have a pentacle attached, maybe some purple Swarovski crystals, and a safety pin on the back. I'm in the UK but I think I will send them out with free delivery worldwide. They will be handmade. How much would you pay for one of these ribbons? I would like to donate a portion to some sort of charity too. 🙂

xx

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

How is anyone to guess what any ribbon is for now? Each colour seems to have a huge range of causes (except, maybe, the 6 coloured rainbow, which Wikipedia doesn't even mention) - have a look at [url]this list[/url] :confused:

Awakening Dawn & Bulimia Hope
(@awakening-dawn)
Estimable Member

I agree with the above concern,

Our National and International Eating Disorder Awareness week.. it is common practice to wear lilac or purple ribbon for the awareness week..

And I am a Shamanic, Wiccan derivative Hindu..so purple may lose the plot if inadequote awarness doesnt already exist..
(only just noticing this post btw!)

Blessed be to you all

Vathani )O(

Share: