Rainbow Bridge

202 Posts
134 Users
0 Likes
38.8 K Views
Topic starter
(@doogle)
Noble Member

My friends and I have a Rainbow Bridge book that we put pictures in of animals that have crossed over and I find it a great comfort. If no-one minds I would like to start a Rainbow Bridge thread on here so we can all remember our beloved pets.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigour; and those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special who was left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent; her eager body begins to quiver. Suddently she breaks from the group, flying over the green grass faster and faster. You have been spotted and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress her beloved head and you look one more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together..............

201 Replies
beautyangel
(@beautyangel)

harry,
its always this time of year we miss you the most, when you would come down with nana for xmas and be a big grump for the holidays! when you were here we only had sally now we have lola, oscar and sonny too, i told them bout their big brother and i know they would have loved to meet you. we love and miss you even still and i think of you every day when i see the picture of you on my bedroom wall. thank you for bringing so much into our lives, and i hope you and boss are keeping each other company. love u forever and thanks for watching over sally she misses you xxxxxxxxxxx

(@harleystreet74)

Harely Street Psychotherapist

Happy new year 2010. Such a nice posting.

[url]= http://www.harleystreet-psychotherapist.co.uk ]Harely Street Psychotherapist[/url]

beckyboop922
(@beckyboop922)
Noble Member

My Clara Bow (Shemybaby) 16th Sept 2000 - 9th February 2010

I remember the day you chose me, all your brothers and sisters were barking and jumping up to get my attention but you just sat there, still as a statue at the back looking at me with your tiny head cocked to one side and your look said "ahhhh I've been wondering what you looked like I've been expecting you". I loved you from that very second, you were a character and so, so funny then when you was 2 and a half years old your behaviour changed and it would be another 8 years until I found out that you were not 'naughty' but you was trying to communicate with me, your behaviour was an attempt to make me look at my issues, but God led us to Elaine and Sue at Animal Matters Telepathic Animal Coummunications in Rossendale and all the things you did and the reasons you did them fell into place like magic.
You loved cake, doggies and Malteasers but your beloved Boomer Ball was your favourtite thing in all the world and I loved the pleasure you got from kicking it round the park and garden.
Everyone loved you, the times we have been stopped in the street are endless.
Grandad used to joke that you grew 'hourly' when you was a baby you was very small for such a short time.
I love your sad diamond shaped eyes, your freckles and your wet, shiny nose but more than anything I loved the fluffly little curles that grew round your silky ears.
There are no words to describe how much I love you and always will, I know you are still around and I will keep every one of your things.
I know you are reunited with your beloved Alfie Pancake Shih Tzu and today Grandad blew up a photo of you on your 1st birthday to a huge 20 x 16 and he's put it in the most beautiful frame.
Thank you for being in my life and thank you for all you taught me, but most of all thank you for loving me and all the times you made me laugh.

Until me meet again

Rebecca XXX

vicki
(@vicki)
Prominent Member

my little angel has gone to heaven

he had an incredibly aggressive tumor, took his little life last night.

would people mind posting on getting over their grief? i just cant stop crying.

having a personal cremation tomorrow morning and bringing him home afterwards.

want to put a picture on here but cant remember how.

rest in peace my little angel

this is the link to the page where i added my boys years ago to the photo thread

jasper: july 1996 to 27th January 2011

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Love, Light and Healing to you Vicki. He's in a wonderful place of Light and peace now and free from pain. I looked at the photo - he's lovely - my spaniel is called Jasper!

Annax
(@annax)
Eminent Member

Hi Vicki

Bless you and sorry for your loss.
Dealing with grief is a very personal thing. You could try the homeopathic remedy Ignatia which is good for grief. Whenever I have lost a pet, an abandoned kitty turns up needing some care and attention. One never replaces the other and I remember all of my departed friends individually as no 2 are ever the same but, caring for a needy little bundle of fluff seems to help shift the focus. Sometimes I think that the one that just left sends the orphans to me.

(@coerdelion)
Honorable Member

Sorry to hear of your loss, Vicki - it's so sad to lose a friend. You gave him a wonderful life.

It's early days yet - your grief is natural. Be kind to yourself - cry, get angry, bring out pictures of him and let yourself grieve fully and freely. Don't judge, just be for a while.

{{{hugs}}}
Fx

jeannie
(@jeannie)
Noble Member

Oh Vicki, such a sad time for you, it took me months to get over the death of our pet a lovely dog called Benji, swore we would never get another as the pain was so great, we did though and Gucci is now 11 and just like any other member of the family, loved and cherished. There was an article in the YOU magazine of last Sunday's newspaper where someone said they literally grieved for a whole year. That is a good suggestion from Annax, I wish you well. x

(@louisa_1611053138)
Noble Member

Deeply sorry to hear of your loss of jaspy :hug:
He was a beautiful boy.

Vicki, It's so hard when you loose a beloved pet.
Coping is difficult while it is so raw.

I have planted bushes and bought garden ornaments for the fur babies I have loved and lost.

Be gentle with yourself.

vicki
(@vicki)
Prominent Member

thank you everyone for your kind words.

(@Anonymous)

Vicki
When I saw I had received a PM from you regarding my cat I jumped in and waffled on about Jack, without having read any of your posts. I have just done this and want apologise to you for being insensitive and not saying how truly sorry to hear about your loss.
Lot of Love
Snowbears xxxx

(@Anonymous)

Vicki
When I saw I had received a PM from you regarding my cat I jumped in and waffled on about Jack, without having read any of your posts. I have just done this and want apologise to you for being insensitive and not saying how truly sorry to hear about your loss.
Lot of Love
Snowbears xxxx

Angelic Light
(@angelic-light)
Reputable Member

awww I am so sorry to hear of your loss ((((((((((((((((big hugs))))))))))))) xxxx

vicki
(@vicki)
Prominent Member

my beautiful ginger boy, Jabby jab

i will miss you forever my little angel. after you had gone i felt your presence in the house and with me, but now that feeling has gone, i am sad for me but i am pleased for you that you are now in a better place and no longer in pain or distress. i hope you can still hear me when i talk to you. the pain i feel when i look at the cat flap and know that you will never walk through it again, meowing hello as you did is awful. the pain of only putting one bowl of food down instead of two and so many other things.

i miss you so much and so does your brother ski. he still waits by the cat flap and seems so lost without you and its been nearly 4 weeks now since you have gone to heaven. i cannot bring myself to put away your things but have moved them as i think it was distressing ski, or at the very least confusing him as he looks at your bed and i can feel his pain as well.

we love you more than words or meows can say and always will

lots and lots and lots more love,
mummy and ski
xxx

Jabby Jab, July 1996 ~ 27th January 2011

CrystalSeer
(@crystalseer)
Prominent Member

My little man(Ben) helped over yesterday..

My lovely little man was helped over yesterday when he rapidly went downhill on the way to the vets in the morning.. he had had a distended belly but was eating, drinking and playfull as ever over the few days before.. by the time we got to the vets(5 mins walk away) he couldn't stand and cried the whole time..

I took the hardest decision ever to help him over.. It has broken my heart, he was only 10years ago but been with us for only 5 of those years..

Care and love your pets.. cos they can't tell us when they are poorly or in pain... cherish every moment of their little lives with love and hugs..

[COLOR="Red"]Ben in his very chic polo neck green jumper.....

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Love, Light and Healing to you both

Rosi1
(@rosi1)
Famed Member

My thoughts are with you. Run free at rainbow bridge Ben. ((Hugs))

CrystalSeer
(@crystalseer)
Prominent Member

My thoughts are with you. Run free at rainbow bridge Ben. ((Hugs))

That is sooooooo nice thank you... xxxxxxxxx was one thing I was always frightened of.. lil beggar would run off when he escaped the lead... now he can run and run like the wind... :D:D

Nijiiro
(@nijiiro)
Eminent Member

Lots of love to all of you who have lost a beloved pet. I know how you feel.

A few years ago I lost my first 4 pets all within just over a year of each other. It was a terrible time!

So I'd like to thank them for their love and friendship -

George - my first ever dog. 13 year old Miniature Schnauzer.
Harry - my first rescue. 13 (ish) year old Bedlington/Greyhound lurcher.
Molly - my tiny little runt, 7 year old chocolate point Siamese cat.
Tula - my elegant 8 year old seal tabby point Siamese cat.

My boys, though very sadly missed, both made it to good ages. My girls (sisters) had hereditary polycystic kidney disease - a horrible illness that breeders can actually guarantee against. I didn't know this way back when I got them. It took them while they were so young 🙁

I keep all of their ashes in dog and cat shaped urns at home - they will be with me forever 🙂

(@delores)
Estimable Member

I lost my little cat Barney this morning to an aggressive tumour, he was 17 and fought it for 4 years, such a brave boy. I miss him terribly, have spent the day in tears and his brother who has never been apart from him is a little lost soul. I hope he is catching mice and eating tuna somewhere lovely,

Delores xx

(@jnani)
Noble Member

I am here to celebrate the beauty of her being...majestic looking girl, aptly named- Duchie, mild mannered, very lady-like, yet had mind of her own...a right vagrant spirit in her prime...barking away, sneaking into farms, chasing livestock. The neigbour and the farmers complained... but she did settle down. Was just enjoying the newly found freedom and security.
She had finally came to us, after people( a few of them) couldn't cope with her...I wonder why! love her! she was 14 months old and that was 12 years ago. In her later years she grew much bigger, as she left her wild days behind for the comfort of an old sofa in the barn! sitting on it looking rather regal. her kind eye, her paw would come gently on you to ask for more fuss ( and that paw was enough to knock you over. big girl!).
She loved her walks into the woods every Sunday. she would sit there waiting...then would do her bear dance as we were putting wellies on. She had started to walk like one. We started calling her our "lumbering bear".
Duchie left the body in her sleep- peacefully after being briefly ill.
love you Duchey!

r">

(@sarahr-2)
Eminent Member

Jnani, so sorry for your loss, thank goodness she passed peacefully, I know its hard but try to concentrate on the wonderful life she had with you,

best wishes
sarah

Page 7 / 7
Share: