Clear all

Comet Lulin

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@binah)
Famed Member

There's a chance for you to see Comet Lulin - currently in the sign of Leo the Lion.

Here's a link to let you know how to locate it in the night sky - provided we get some clear nights.

Binah
x

10 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

Thanks for that Binah.

I looked on the latest Google Earth, but it doesn't seem to do the comets. 🙁

Never mind, the article you linked to gives a good approximation of where to look.

Off to dig out my telescope. 🙂

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Topic starter
(@binah)
Famed Member

You're welcome Giles

The sky is pretty cloudy here, so the telescope will stay in the box this end.

I hope you spot it.

Love Binah
z

(@oakapple)
Illustrious Member

It was extremely overcast here last night.....I'm hoping tonight will be clear.

Topic starter
(@binah)
Famed Member

Me too Oakapple. The diagram gives really clear instructions to find it - provided the sky clears we should be able to see it.

All you need to do is follow the two stars that make up the side of the bowl of the Plough nearest the handle and follow them down towards the horizon and you will come to Regulus one of the Persian Royal Stars. The comet is very near to Regulus.

Fingers crossed for the next few days - it was at its brightest yesterday apparently.

Love Binah
x

(@oakapple)
Illustrious Member

Hi Binah...

I have been working and meditating with Moldavite for the last few days because of Lulin and it's energies.......WOW !.

I have hardly slept.....it's so powerful....it's attuned to the comet ..I'm sure of it !!

It's such a shame that there is so much cloud...

Energylz
(@energylz)

There were a few breaks in the cloud last night, and I could see the north star and the plough, but following it down to where the comet should be, it was just too cloudy. 🙁

Topic starter
(@binah)
Famed Member

Giles,
I've just had a look at the Weather Forecast for the next week no prizes for guessing its more of the same. No good for comet spotting here in the UK. At least you saw the constellation of The Plough.

Oakapple,
It is a good idea to meditate on Moldavite as it is extra-terrestial in origin. I might even give it a go myself.

It makes me think about the phrase 'we are stardust' with massive things like this sweeping through our solar system.

Binah
x

Venetian
(@venetian)
Illustrious Member

I have been working and meditating with Moldavite for the last few days because of Lulin and it's energies.......WOW !.

I have hardly slept.....it's so powerful....it's attuned to the comet ..I'm sure of it !!

Truly, truly meaning no disrespect, Oakey.

And I have every belief that you've hardly slept for some reason, positive or negative. But Lulin is no major comet, and a comet is just a pretty small hunk of ice (maybe a bit of rock too). I have to say (mind you, what do you say in reply?) that a small chunk of ice untold millions of miles away may be fascinating to see, but is not astrologically or personally important. It didn't keep me awake, LOL!

They tend to be visible for many months, so the odd day doesn't matter. Try again.

On astronomy, I have to say this is a bit of a bummer nation to live in. It's almost always overcast when something happens - chiefly the annual meteor storms. It was fantastic nearly two years ago to hear, while in India, that there would be a lunar eclipse of the sun. I hardly ever saw a cloud in India. And sure enough, struggling up a small mountain with a headlamp in the dark, before dawn, scratched by bracken, there it was when it came up: the sun with a chunk "bitten off it", but also a second chunk also bitten off, since you simply don't see distant hills in the morning haze, and they were also occluding part of the sun. So I have photos of the sun with not one but two parts missing! (I have the photos, but never - like a fool - thought of zooming in. :p I could kick myself - it was a new camera.

(A few Westerners got to high places to see this, but you could hear chants from the ashrams all around, as in their superstition, the Hindus thought it was an evil omen to be thwarted if possible. Their only interest was in chanting away the evil. That's how I got to know, the night before, that it was going to happen - the Hindus in the ashrams were in a big panic about something, so I enquired.)

V

(@wolfen)
Reputable Member

id be very very interested in what astrologers have got to say about this particular comet....gonna do a search, venetian....size dos'nt matter:rolleyes::D

Venetian
(@venetian)
Illustrious Member

:p:D

V

Share: