Trapped Wind? can anyone help

49 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
234.9 K Views
Topic starter
(@springster)

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help??

A client of mine suffers badly with trapped wind. The unusual thing is she gets trapped wind constantlyall over her body especially the shoulders, head and neck, lower back and knees. It starts off as a burning sensation where the wind is trapped then turns into sharp pain. The tissues in the area also feel tight and areslightly swollen. When its really bad she feels "red raw" inside. The wind is always bad in her head and causes her to have difficuly in remembering things and raising her head. She discribes it as having a "foggy" head and complains it gets behind her eyes.She is in pain with the trapped windall the time.
When I massage her my client starts burping and releases some of the trapped wind. This happens constantly during the treatment. Massage seems to temporarily give relief and makes her feel instantly better. Her GP doesn't have an explanation and therefore can't treat it. My client is also very sensitive to most medications.
Does anyone suffer from this or has anybody come across it before?? Could this condition be connected with irritable bowel?

Would love to get to the bottom of this or at least know more about it.

Springster

48 Replies
JoWood
(@jowood)

I noticed that someone else on this tread mentioned Aloe vera gel, i used to get IBS and working wierd shifts didn't help. I starting drinking the gel about a year ago, not only has my IBS stopped but my general health has improved i.e i haven't had a cold since drinking it. I became a distributor, please message me for more details, it really helped me.

(@ron367)

A fizzy drink eased my stomach pain

My daughter told me flat coke is good for an upset stomach. When while shopping I started to get bad stomach pains, doubled up with pain, my wife asked me if I should get to the doctors which was only a couple of hundred yards away. I decided to try a drink of coke remembering what my daughter had said, but it wasn't flat. Then I started to walk to the doctors still in pain, but before I got a few yards the pain completely disappeared. A few days later the same pains appeared this time I didn't have any coke but I did have a small can of Tonic water. Minutes later I was free of pain. I can only think that the gas in the drink somehow made a route for the rest of it to dissipate. It works every time for me, but flat Coke didn't work so well. Try it.
Ron

(@suzanne-askham)
Trusted Member

Fennel tea! Widely used on the continent for colicky babies, and for people of all ages. Take it on a daily basis... warming, soothing, and nourishing... tastes nice too!

orchid
(@orchid)
Honorable Member

I have suffered from it when I have had operations and it is horrendous

I am having an op this week and dreading it, but was told if you stand on toes and ball of feet and slam your heals down hard the body vibrates and the wind moves

This person swore by it and said it worked so I will try and let you know x

(@nathon)

Hi i am Qualified ITEC, CTHA, GUILDof Therapist IPTE member Hollistic Therapist and experience the same symptoms your client experiences. In fact i can say that i experience trapped wind or gas in the lower lumbar quadratus area in and around the scapulae around the intercostal muscles.
I experienced this as a child and continue to do so now that i am in my forties .
I was recently diagnosed with MS and i have not connected the two as such...
I always find it interesting that people base knowledge on the limits of their learning '' because i have never heard it then it cant be true or it does not exist'' another discussion, however i empathise with what your client is experiencing.. the reason how i found this site is at this moment i decided to google the question as ive had the discomfort for the last two days.. yes it comes and goes.
what i can agree on is mint, pepermint and ginger all work but also heat is effective like hot water to either drink or hot bath with salts and the hot water bottle is great.
so i will continue to search what brings this on someone mentioned magnesium i will explore that what i know in terms of therapy does work is that only when i stopped my yoga did it aggressively come back so i will try to do home yoga and see how things turn out.

(@ron367)

Trapped wind? can anyone help

When I have trapped wind, the only way I can get rid is to drink a fizzy pop. I have to burp quite a lot and the pop helps me to bring the wind up. I have got it down to a fine art now, as I can feel better within 20 minutes, whereas I have suffered for hours before I found out. When you have drunk the drink, it helps to take in air thru the mouth into the stomach then let it all out. It is almost like swallowing air. Worrying thing, a few people I know who have had this condition have told me it could be an infected Gall Bladder, it might be a good thing to mention to your doctor.

(@tracymcx)

Trapped wind allover the body

Hi all im new here. I also suffer from really bad wind burping mostly i get it in my shoulders arms hands legs an feet neck head. I've suffered for years 🙁 I have been diagnoised as having i.b.s and cutaneous lupus and l.e.t. only just understanding it myself. It starts as aburning sensation like your client and as soon as i massage the area i burp. i also have to lift my leg sometimes while sitting on the toilet to poo:( its really annoing. I do agree that it has something to do with my nerves and my diet im frightened to eat sometime:( I also have an anal fissure i've had since last year its very painful an bleeds sometimes. Any advice welome?:)

PJ7
(@pj7)
Estimable Member

A client of mine suffers badly with trapped wind. The unusual thing is she gets trapped wind constantlyall over her body especially the shoulders, head and neck, lower back and knees. It starts off as a burning sensation where the wind is trapped then turns into sharp pain. The tissues in the area also feel tight and areslightly swollen. When its really bad she feels "red raw" inside. The wind is always bad in her head and causes her to have difficuly in remembering things and raising her head. She discribes it as having a "foggy" head and complains it gets behind her eyes.She is in pain with the trapped windall the time.
When I massage her my client starts burping and releases some of the trapped wind. This happens constantly during the treatment. Massage seems to temporarily give relief and makes her feel instantly better. Her GP doesn't have an explanation and therefore can't treat it. My client is also very sensitive to most medications.
Does anyone suffer from this or has anybody come across it before?? Could this condition be connected with irritable bowel?

Springster

When I get trapped wind, or stomach problems I take Mastica.a marvelous herb.

Peace and light
Peter

(@albertbenedict)

Hello Friends,

This is Albert here new to this site. My uncle is suffering severely from this disease. He used to drink milk at night and it helped him. but more suggestion will be appreciable. Thank You in advance.

(@pyiababe)

Hi
I suffer from trapped wind, and like someone else said, sometimes it is one of the worst things ever. Usually I get it just under the ribcage on the right....at least that's where it starts, so I guess thats where it is actually trapped. It always travels up my gullet, into my right shoulder, up my neck and into my jaw. That's when I have to start rocking to relieve it.

After my hip replacement I got it on the left, actually in my stomach, that's what it felt like, and the spasms in my stomach could actually be seen. That was awful, and I was crying and screaming with it so much my partner panicked. I tried the usual antacids etc, but the one thing that relieved it was to sip plain hot water, as hot as I could take it. It seemed to calm the spasms down.

One theory I have for the pain travelling, apart from it being to do with the nervous system, is something I learned from when my son ruptured his spleen. As the pressure increased on his diaphragm from the bleeding, so he experienced pain in the shoulder. Now if wind caused pressure on the diaphragm, surely the pain would be similar? I'm not a medic though, it's just my understanding of it.

One question I have though. All the people I have spoken to about this, and again reading this thread, those that have suffered trapped wind seem to have started to suffer it after an operation. Is there something in that do you think?

(@pyiababe)

Hi all im new here. I also suffer from really bad wind burping mostly i get it in my shoulders arms hands legs an feet neck head. I've suffered for years 🙁 I have been diagnoised as having i.b.s and cutaneous lupus and l.e.t. only just understanding it myself. It starts as aburning sensation like your client and as soon as i massage the area i burp. i also have to lift my leg sometimes while sitting on the toilet to poo:( its really annoing. I do agree that it has something to do with my nerves and my diet im frightened to eat sometime:( I also have an anal fissure i've had since last year its very painful an bleeds sometimes. Any advice welome?:)

(@pyiababe)

I also get trapped wind in my right shoulder. The fizzy drinks didn't work for me. I am in pain as we speak. Any other ideas welcone

(@pyiababe)

RE: Trapped Wind? can anyone help

In answer to some of the questions about whether wind can be trapped in other parts of the body, the answer is no it cant. BUT pain from wind trapped in the tummy can be felt in other areas of the body - for example after a laparoscopic operation on the abdomen, where the abdomen is inflated with gas so the surgeon can see clearly, one of the after effects can be pain in the shoulder(s) until the gas is absorbed or expelled.

Hope this helps

Claire

(@pyiababe)

RE: Trapped Wind? can anyone help

In answer to some of the questions about whether wind can be trapped in other parts of the body, the answer is no it cant. BUT pain from wind trapped in the tummy can be felt in other areas of the body - for example after a laparoscopic operation on the abdomen, where the abdomen is inflated with gas so the surgeon can see clearly, one of the after effects can be pain in the shoulder(s) until the gas is absorbed or expelled.

Hope this helps

Claire

I suffer from trapped wind in my shoulder of and on for years. Still not found what works for me

(@pyiababe)

I

(@pyiababe)

I have tapped wind in my right shoulder also and my right lower Rib. Had this for a week nothing seems to help. Suffered of and on for years. Any ideas welcome.

(@malmontassir)

Dear all
Dear Springster

I have come a cross this case.
My advices are

1.drink 2 big glasses of hot water every early morning. This help reduce stomach gas .and prevent muscle contraction.Never go back to sleep even on holidays.

2. 2 times stretching .once you wok up. And Before you sleep.help muscles to
relax.get gas out.and reduce stress

3. best exercise is walking
4. Stay away from problems
5.stay away from cold weather
6.contrôle your diet
7.best food needed are.(bananas.hot Chile. Walnut. Honey.olive oil.sunflower seed.dates.plain yougert.almond. )
8.things not to eat.fatty food.junk food.soft drink.slcohol.cigaret...
9.sleep early.
Sleeping well very very important.if having problem of sleeping. Drink a glass of hot lemon martel tea.massage your foot with warm olive oil.you will sleep ko.

10.don't get nerves and make your self happy

(@jabba-the-hut)
Famed Member

Malmontassir - your advice is very good, but hopefully Springster found a solution 9 years ago, when she first wrote the post!

(@philwales1)

Springster

Hi I had same problemishes years ago the doctors in the hospital didn't no what it was I had no pain but lots of trapped air in sholders around neck and chest. They think it must of came from a tear in my lung. Felt like carrier bags under my skin
I was put on oxygen for a week to help absorb it.

Page 2 / 2
Share: