CBT and Psychological Therapy in North-West London
499 Finchley Rd, West Hampstead, London NW3 7AX, UK.
About CBT and Psychological Therapy in North-West London
I’m a Clinical Psychologist with over 10 years of experience offering a range of specialised evidence-based psychological therapies including CBT, DBT and Mindfulness-based approaches. I currently work in the NHS as a Senior Clinical Psychologist in an NHS service in North London, alongside which I have a private practice where I see clients in my consulting rooms in Hampstead.
I am a fully-accredited CBT Psychotherapist, Supervisor & Trainer with the BABCP (British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies), the UK’s leading organisation for CBT. I am registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) and a Chartered Member (CPsychol) of the British Psychological Society (BPS), the BPS’ Division of Clinical Psychology, and Faculty of Psychosis & Complex Mental Health. I am also an accredited DBT therapist through the Society for Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (SfDBT), and an intensively-trained RO DBT (Radically Open DBT) therapist and trainer-in-training.
With my knowledge, skills and experience in delivering evidence-based psychotherapy, I can help you to
– get to the root of your problems, figure yourself out, and develop an understanding of your inner world
– become aware of the things that might be keeping you stuck, making things worse, or stopping you from achieving your goals
– get along with people better and feel more confident in coping with life’s challenges
– restructure negative and unhelpful thought patterns so you can interpret situations in a more realistic and balanced way
– establish new behaviours and skills that can stop the unhelpful cycles and patterns that repeat themselves
– test out ideas and integrate the things you learn in therapy in your life through between-session practice assignments
– gain a clearer understanding of difficult emotions, learn positive ways of reacting and make effective and meaningful changes in your life
I have worked in the NHS for more than 14 years, including over 10 years working as part of specialist mental health services in Hampshire and London. I have specialised therapy skills, including post-qualification training in Motivational Interviewing and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT). I was trained to adherence as a DBT therapist by members of the British Isles DBT Training team. I’ve worked alongside these skills trainers in the delivery of the treatment protocol and training of new therapists. For the past three years I have been involved as an adherent DBT therapist with the REFRAMED study, a randomised controlled trial of Radically Open DBT (RO DBT) for treatment-resistant depression, with training and supervision provided by the treatment-developer, Professor Tom Lynch.
I have worked with a large number of clients from all age-groups and from a diverse range of backgrounds experiencing a variety of mental health problems and psychological difficulties. My BABCP accreditation certifies my competence by recognising that I meet their standards in training and practice of CBT. It also means that I am committed to the practice of CBT through my clinical practice, receiving supervision and ongoing professional development. This ensures that I am well-informed as a therapist and have an up-to-date knowledge of CBT practice and mental health.
Through my affiliation with the BABCP, HCPC and BPS, you can be confident in the reliability and trustworthiness of my qualifications and professional status, as well as my conduct and credibility as a competent and effective Clinical Psychologist and CBT Psychotherapist.
See www.alexfowke.co.uk for details.