Notifications
Clear all

Taking Iris Pictures

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@meta-morphosis)

I am studying iridology and recently bought a Cannon A640. I am having trouble taking good iris picures despite my 10 megapixels and macro mode. Can someone who takes pictures with a digital camera help me? How do I take clear pictures?

If your photos come out well, which camera do you use?

3 Replies
Energylz
(@energylz)

RE: Taking Iris Pictures

Hi Meta Morphosis

I can't tell from the info on the web for the A640 if it allows you to change the lenses for purpose Macro lenses and lighting, so I'll assume you are using the built in macro mode of the camera.

With any photography one of the key things is Lighting.
With purpose built macro lenses, you usually have extra flash lighting purpose built for that lense which will either be two flashes either side of the lense or a "ring flash" which surrounds the lense. This allows the camera to get good light on the subject of the photograph when it's close up to it (as things that are that close usually block out a lot of the light).

As it seems you are using the built in macro mode, you willneed to put the camera as far away from the iris as possible such that the camera can still focus whilst letting as much light reach the iris as possible, and use the zoom functionality to get the iris to fill the picture. Depending on where you are taking the picture you may need to provide additional lighting, and you will ideally want it to be ambient lighting rather than direct lighting (you know when you see photographers with silver umberallas that the lights shine into; that creates a nice diffusion of ambient light rather than sharp lighting). Also bear in mind that the eyeball is reflective andther can inevitably be some reflections on the surface which will be picked up. You can minimise these reflection by avoiding direct light (i.e. don't have your subject looking towards a window) and utilizing ambient lighting.

Hope that's of help.

Love and Reiki Hugs

Energylz
(@energylz)

Oh, and don't forget to use a tripod to keep the camera as steady as possible.

😉

Topic starter
(@meta-morphosis)

Thanks. I will be trying with your suggestions.

Natalia

Share: