Clear all

Are rubber facemasks bad for you?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@matty30)
Trusted Member

Last summer, I was trying on this rubber face mask (covering whole head) in preparation for a music festival (as you do).

After only a couple of minutes with it on, I started to feel queasy, shaky and ill, almost as if it had sucked all my energy up.

I started to this wonder if outside objects effect our health.
From a Feng Shui point of view, is wearing one bad?

1 Reply
ravenwulf
(@ravenwulf)
Eminent Member

Hi Matty30.
I am not sure from a feng shui point, but from my point of view you may be allergic to latex.

I am someone who was trained in the art of making masks/props for films.

Most masks are made from a natural rubber called latex. It is thinned out and activated with ammonia. At least here in the states they are made that way.

You may be allergic to an ingredient in the mask, either the latex, ammonia, or even the paints used to color it.

Also latex does not breathe well. Your skin may not have been able to oxygenate itself well enough.

Another thing it could be is if the mask was made of silicon. Silicon masks truly do not allow the skin to breathe. Especially tin silicon. There is tin and platinum silicons. If the mask was made of this, you could be allergic to one of the ingredients in it.

Always be wary when wearing masks (or any costume parts). Make sure you know what it is made of and make sure you have good ventilation. And when trying one on for the first time, make sure you have someone with you in case you pass out.

Hope this helps.
Peace.

Share: