Talking to your pet...

Notifications
Clear all

Talking to your pets

Reikiangel
Topic starter
(@reikiangel)
Illustrious Member

Yesterday I was a guest on the Panel of a radio show on BBC Somerset with two other guests and one of them mentioned an article in a newspaper about a man who is on trial for murdering his partner because the Police had taped him confessing to his cat! This caused a lot of laughter in the studio and the presenter asked if we had pets and did we talk to them? Two of us said we did but I also mentioned that my cats talk back!
Well, I then had to explain about my first cat who would answer questions if you worded them in the right way eg. "Do you love me Angel? -no" "What do you want now?- dinner" and so on. Well, the whole studio were in fits of laughter (and this going out 'live'!) and the presenter said to the listeners to ring in if they have pets that 'talked' as she thought I had lost my marbles lol!!!

So, please, to prove I've not lost my marbles do any of you have 'talking' pets????

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

22 Replies
*serendipity*
(@serendipity)
Famed Member

Hi Reikiangel, so these are your cats that Satori was talking about:

To see Satori's thread - click here:eek:

Reikiangel
Topic starter
(@reikiangel)
Illustrious Member

LOL!!!! How funny! BUT, they are talking 'cat', my cats talk 'human'!

When I come home Gabriel greets me with 'hello'. In fact the more I think about him the more I realise how intelligent he is! He knows what 'come away from the fire ' means and gets up and moves away. He knows what 'bed time' means and gets up and has his supper, uses his cat tray then goes upstairs to wait for me. 'Go and see mum' and whatever he is doing he will go over to my daughter and get her attention etc. He knows 'get down' and 'get up' and sometimes he even 'fetches'! Maybe he was a dog in a previuos life???

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

Reiki_Yorks
(@reiki_yorks)
Estimable Member

My cat talks to me too and i talk to her, she is gorgeous, jet black but called Aura. She is more like a little puppy, follows me all over. If i go to the bathroom i come out to find her sat outside the door. If i move out of my chair she jumps in and makes herself comfortable. I give her that "look" and she just looks back and meowws and i know she is saying "tough luck lady you can sit over there!!" She definately is unique and her personality is brilliant!

*serendipity*
(@serendipity)
Famed Member

It's a pity 'Thats Life' isn't on TV anymore they could have had a feature on your lovely talking pets. I did have a friend who had a lovely ginger Tom which she called Leo and he used to give a paw for a treat.

healthoption
(@healthoption)
Prominent Member

I would love for my cat to talk to me but all I got was meows and purring 😀

butterflywings
(@butterflywings)
Reputable Member

I talk to my cat all the time and soemtimes she even understands me!

Amelia Jane
(@amelia-jane)
Illustrious Member

Well if you've lost your marbles then so have I:eek:..I always talk to my pets (2 cats & 1 dog) & I will also state that they talk back..although lets face it, if a cat isn't in the mood for talking then he/she won't:rolleyes:

Love
Amy
xxx

spinal music
(@spinal-music)
Famed Member

I've always thought that animals communicate - though as Amy says, cats only talk if they want to! Dogs chat away. Too much very often!

carolinemac
(@carolinemac)
Estimable Member

I have always talked to my cats and they have always replied. If only i could actually understand what they have said!

When she was alive my old cat used to make some wonderful noises while chatting away.

My other cat never stops talking!! She often looks at me as if to say 'why don't you get what i am saying?, i have said it enough!'
Although sometimes i know exactly what she is on about just by the look she gives me!:rolleyes:

I will never stop talking to my cat and i talk to my friends dogs too.

love and light

Caroline 🙂

Amelia Jane
(@amelia-jane)
Illustrious Member

I have always talked to my cats and they have always replied. If only i could actually understand what they have said!

when your cat is in a chatty mood and you don't know what he/she is saying focus on his/her eyes and you'll understand...I find it's all in their eyes....really...

xxx

beckyboop922
(@beckyboop922)
Noble Member

Hi Reikiangel

You post made me laugh so much! I talk to my Saint Bernard Clara Bow all the time and she understands everything I say, she lets me know she wants me when she makes a loud MMMMMMM sound, then I ask her either wee wee? Din din? Walkie? Dwink? and she ignores the ones she doesn't want and when she hears the one she does want she turns her head to the side and does this little dance to let me know that's the one she wants.
She does very human expressions too, I'm going to post a photo of her she is just too beautiful.

Love and Light

Rebecca XX

vicki
(@vicki)
Prominent Member

wish i had listened to that programme!

i can understand a couple of my 2 cats meows, 'hello' when they come in and 'im hungry give me breakfast/dinner' and 'give me attention', but thats all.

however they really do understand the following human words:

'dinner'

'treats'

and their names

and one of them knows 'peepo' (not sure of spelling, but he comes to find me when i hide!)

however they dont understand:

'naughty'

'no'

'that hurts' !

it is easy to forgot that our pets are not human isnt it!

Treacle
(@treacle)
Famed Member

Hi Reikiangel, so these are your cats that Satori was talking about:

To see Satori's thread - click here:eek:

I've just played the videos of the talking cats and mine is going mental searching everywhere to find the 'other cat'!

Reikiangel
Topic starter
(@reikiangel)
Illustrious Member

LOL Treacle, so did my Gabriel so goodness knows what that conversation is about!

Love and light

reikiangel

xxx

butterflywings
(@butterflywings)
Reputable Member

My cat responds to a good number of words and phrases too...especially

go to bed (although where she thinks this is depends on her mood)

She chat's away when she wants something and most of the time we do actually understand each other mainly as she has different noises for different conversations. Or maybe its just me that thinks we have deep and meaningful conversations!

spinal music
(@spinal-music)
Famed Member

My cat has just asked me why I removed his knackers. What should I say? I've stalled him with some extra food, but I know he'll steer the conversation around to that again. I feel terrible.

Reikiangel
Topic starter
(@reikiangel)
Illustrious Member

Oh dear, I know what you mean! When Gabriel came back from the vets after his 'Op' he kept looking down between his legs as if to ask "where have they gone?". My husband felt for him by saying " I know boy, they did it to me too" lol.

Love and light

reikiangel
xxx

Amelia Jane
(@amelia-jane)
Illustrious Member

This reminds me of something on Shirley Ghostmans 'High Spirits' when he was communicating with a dog that had been 'done':rollaugh::rollaugh::rollaugh:...although perhaps best that I don't relay it here:o...

xxxx

Treacle
(@treacle)
Famed Member

My cat has just asked me why I removed his knackers. What should I say? I've stalled him with some extra food, but I know he'll steer the conversation around to that again. I feel terrible.

:p My cat was quite well endowed so I think he was glad 'cos he could walk finally walk straight!!:rolleyes:

butterflywings
(@butterflywings)
Reputable Member

I think this is connected with the thread so......

Does anyone else have a pet who is dawn to the energy if they are doing energy work?

My cat insists on being with me if I am channeling, always turns up at the same point if I am teaching Reiki 2, often sits in on attunements and has recently taken to wanting to be in the room if I or a friend is running energy.

Ged
 Ged
(@ged)
Reputable Member

When I sneeze, my cat says a kind of bless you - makes a noise that isnt quite a meow, if youknow what i mean (Or, it could easily be 'OI!!! You woke me up!!)

Somerset Angel
(@somerset-angel)
Honorable Member

I certainly talk to my animals dogs and cats and yes they do talk back.

I would like to confirm Reiki Angel's sanity. Angel did talk I witnessed it on several occasions. As for Gabriel when I phone Chris it is hard to get a word in edgeways with Gabriel making his presents felt mew Mew until I say hello Gabriel then it is Ok.!

Share: