26 Replies
(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

I found God earlier today.
He was halfway down aisle 27,
in the frozen food section,
hiding under the frozen peas,
singing sweetly to Himself.

Was He priced? Discounted? Why was He hiding under the frozen peas? Is God impervious to sub-zero temperatures? What was He singing?

Someone has to ask these difficult questions........!

Kiga
(@kiga)
Reputable Member

I'm pretty sure that any god would be (or could make himself be) impervious to sub-zero temperatures.....as for the rest - beats me! 😉

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I'm pretty sure that any god would be (or could make himself be) impervious to sub-zero temperatures.

Only if there is a human need for such a god. There are/have been many gods who are affected by external situations (or indeed, internal ones such as old age.) The Norse gods spent a lot of time battling the ice giants.

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Only if there is a human need for such a god. There are/have been many gods who are affected by external situations (or indeed, internal ones such as old age.) The Norse gods spent a lot of time battling the ice giants.

Looks like spiritual nut has the need for such a god.

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

I'm pretty sure that any god would be (or could make himself be) impervious to sub-zero temperatures.....as for the rest - beats me! 😉

I suppose He could always nip to the clothing dept and get a nice pair of gloves and something else to keep the chill out, whilst hiding under the frozen peas...easy.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I suppose He could always nip to the clothing dept and get a nice pair of gloves and something else to keep the chill out, whilst hiding under the frozen peas...easy.

I'm rather concerned about whatever he was hiding from.

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

I'm rather concerned about whatever he was hiding from.

Concerned? How do you mean?

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Concerned? How do you mean?

Well, if he's a generally small god,with small enemies, then there might be no need to be concerned. But, thinking for example, of Loki hiding from the Ӕsir, or some of the Greek gods hiding from the wrath of Zeus or Hera, are these really the types that we want rampaging through the aisles of a store?

(@fleur)
Illustrious Member

So God is a He then.....?????:rolleyes:

well I never............

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

So God is a He then.....?????:rolleyes:

well I never............

According to spiritual nut - apparently so....

You don't seem too pleased about that Fleur?

(@wildstrawberry)
Prominent Member

Well, if he's a generally small god,with small enemies, then there might be no need to be concerned.

I reckon if He was hiding under the frozen peas, He must've been pretty small, so probably no need to alert the management. It would be easy enough to check under the frozen pizza for God's small enemies...

But, thinking for example, of Loki hiding from the Ӕsir, or some of the Greek gods hiding from the wrath of Zeus or Hera, are these really the types that we want rampaging through the aisles of a store?

I see you're point, although I have witness some wrathful types wrestling over (and with) the last turkey at Christmas time...

Kiga
(@kiga)
Reputable Member

So, do we think he/she was singing quietly to himself/herself to keep his/her spirits(!) up?

Kiga
(@kiga)
Reputable Member

Well, if he's a generally small god,with small enemies, then there might be no need to be concerned. But, thinking for example, of Loki hiding from the Ӕsir, or some of the Greek gods hiding from the wrath of Zeus or Hera, are these really the types that we want rampaging through the aisles of a store?

He/she doesn't really sound like the rampaging type! 😉

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Spiritual Nut's 'poem' said 'he', quite definitely. This is why I didn’t say s/he. Of course, goddesses may have enemies to hide from, as well. I’ll be very careful picking through the pizzas in future.

(@fleur)
Illustrious Member

According to spiritual nut - apparently so....

You don't seem too pleased about that Fleur?

Not bothered really....my comment was tongue in cheek....that seems to be the way this thread is going by most it seems to me anyway.,:rolleyes:, and since my comment it seems people have changed to he/she posts for themselves.......:cool:

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

I suppose really, it should be he/she/it - to cover all eventualities.

Kiga
(@kiga)
Reputable Member

Fleur - did you really think that spiritual nut's post could be responded to any other way than tongue-in-cheek? I don't know what was expected - that we would all think 'How profound! We should really have a prolonged and earnest discussion about this.'? 😉

Energylz
(@energylz)

I suppose really, it should be he/she/it - to cover all eventualities.

Or He/She/It/Self just in case we want to avoid duality. 😉

(@fleur)
Illustrious Member

Fleur - did you really think that spiritual nut's post could be responded to any other way than tongue-in-cheek? I don't know what was expected - that we would all think 'How profound! We should really have a prolonged and earnest discussion about this.'? 😉

Of course I expected it to be responded to tongue in cheek....and so was mine ..and expected it to be percieved in that way..nothing heavy, nothing ulterior..:rolleyes: goodness!! Wish I hadn't bothered now..

It would seem to me the whole reason for spiritual nuts post was to tintiallate a bit of frippery... and then disappearing possibly snickering from the sidelines..

byeee..:cool:

CarolineN
(@carolinen)
Famed Member

Of course I expected it to be responded to tongue in cheek....and so was mine ..and expected it to be percieved in that way..nothing heavy, nothing ulterior..:rolleyes: goodness!! Wish I hadn't bothered now..

It would seem to me the whole reason for spiritual nuts post was to tintiallate a bit of frippery... and then disappearing possibly snickering from the sidelines..

:005:

byeee..:cool:..

Lovely to see you back Fleur, hope you don't mean that!

Love and Light

spiritual nut
Topic starter
(@spiritual-nut)
Trusted Member

Poetry Circle

Spiritual Nut's 'poem' said 'he', quite definitely. This is why I didn’t say s/he. Of course, goddesses may have enemies to hide from, as well. I’ll be very careful picking through the pizzas in future.

Wasn't intended to be a poem,
but it does look that way.

Once knew a Welshman who ran a poetry circle exuding spirituality,
in a remote part of the Wye Valley.

It was Divinely Conceived.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Once knew a Welshman who ran a poetry circle exuding spirituality,
in a remote part of the Wye Valley.

It was Divinely Conceived.

And your point is? (Assuming that there is a point.)

spiritual nut
Topic starter
(@spiritual-nut)
Trusted Member

God Loves You

And your point is? (Assuming that there is a point.)

The Eyes don't See
What the Heart won't Feel.

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

The Eyes don't See
What the Heart won't Feel.

So there's no point in explaining to less spiritually developed beings like me?
Then why post it on a discussion forum?

spiritual nut
Topic starter
(@spiritual-nut)
Trusted Member

You are God

So there's no point in explaining to less spiritually developed beings like me?
Then why post it on a discussion forum?

Tantrum and projection aside,

You and I and God are One, Crowan.

Embrace!

Crowan
(@crowan)
Famed Member

Tantrum and projection aside,

You and I and God are One, Crowan.

Embrace!

No tantrum. No projection. However, a totally different belief system. And an awareness that you still haven't answered my question.

Share: