Clear all

Have you seen someone die?

Sacredstar
Topic starter
(@sacredstar)
Famed Member

Dear All

Have you seen someone die?

Christian Spiritualists say that the soul leaves the body either through the head, heart, solar plexus or feet.

My father died in our arms and I watched his soul leave his body through his head. As the soul left his body, his body started to go grey/black from the feet upwards (due to him being riddled with cancer I think).

Do you have any experiences to share?

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

15 Replies
Islandgirl
(@islandgirl)
Eminent Member

RE: Have you seen someone die?

We took my friend off of life support last spring and his heart continued to beat for another week. I didn't see his soul leave his body or sense where from. I believe he left his body two days before. I just knew it when it happened. My friend who was also sitting on the bed felt him put his hand on her shoulder at the same time I had the realization he was gone. His face turned grey and he became cold from the feet up. He had hisbody remain for a couple more days to give his brother time to let go.

darrensurrey
(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

When your father died and you saw his spirit, did his spirit see you?

ava
 ava
(@ava)
Noble Member

Darren - Kim said she saw her father's [color="#6600cc"]soul leave - not his [color="#cc0099"]spirit. I could be wrong, but aren't these different things?

Ava

TheMagpie
(@themagpie)
Reputable Member

I've seen both my grandfather and grandmother die. With my grandfather I was too young tounderstand really, it was all very strange - he was totally yellow through being riddled with cancer.

My grandmother was far more recent, and I was the only one in the room with her when it happened.

It was one of the most profound moments of my life, and I felt gratitude and blessed that she would have it that I would be theone there to hold her hand and talk to her as she took her last breaths. (both my mother and aunt were with me at the hospital, and they had both nipped out of the room fora few minutes for something).

I sensed her life force leave her, but did not perceive where it left from. It was powerful beyond words - to be there, and be present, and pay attention while someone moves from having life force in a body, to not...

It put me in touch with the mortality of all things, and with the profound gift and blessing that life is. I knew that I had not being trying as hard as I could in life, and I vowed that I would strive to do my best as I held her hand.

I thanked her for giving me the opportunity for life, and for doing her best to make my childhood a happy one. I apologised for not spending enough quality time with her - and I dont mean quality time like its used colloquially, i mean genuine time with an aging and ill family member, giving them your full attention, prescence and respect.

We are so guilty in this country of packing our elderly and ill relatives off to be cared for by others, just because we're too busy, or its too difficult. I'm not saying there isnt a place for that, but we are perhaps a little on the callous side when it comes to our older relatives.

She had had a stroke a few years before and half of he face was paralysed, and I found that very difficult to be around - but inside, she was as sharp as ever, and I love her dearly. It brings tears to my eyes even writing this because it touched me so deeply.

I remember writing her a letteryearsbeforeto tell her what a wonderful grandmother she was and that while I didnt spend enough time with her (she lived in the far north of scotland), or see her enough, that I loved her dearly, and I thanked her for giving me so much as a child, and for helping to shape me as a person.

The only reason I'm saying all this is to pass on a recommendation -and that is that if there IS someone in your life, who you perhaps dont spend enough time with, or feel uncomfortable around because of an illness of because of family politics or clashes - i'd say take some time to write to them, a genuine letter of how you feel, both presently and from the past about them - because one thing is for sure, its not the same when they are dead.

To be able to genuinely tell someone in life that they are special, and that they have made a difference to your life, and to who you are, isa great giftif you cannot give time and attention. It makes a difference to the remainder of their life, and I had a special relationship with my grandmother from the time of that letter until her death - and because I had told her everything I wanted to say, i did not feel like anything was 'unsaid' when she left.

Even while she was alive, i felt peace in the fact that i didnt see her enough because of this- Its a gift to yourself to do this also.

Didnt expect that response to get quite so emotional as I was writing it.

Magpie

ava
 ava
(@ava)
Noble Member

Thank you Magpie. That was a lovely story. Thank you for sharing it, and its message.

Ava

Gussie
(@gussie)
Famed Member

I wasn't there when mum passed away, nor dad. Dad was in a lot of pain and struggled. My mum and brother were with him. Mum passed away with a nurse by her side - we were driving back to the hospital to see her but we were too late.

I don't know what happened at that moment but she was muttering for a while before we left her for the last time, of the bits we could understand, she said not yet, I'm not ready and heavens open - at this she raised her hands in the air and looked right up. She was so weak I can't believe she did it, she wasn't a religious woman- I'm not sure what she saw but it was striking how she did it. We left her sleeping soundly, she looked so calm.

The dead have a strange beauty to them, the troubles of this world are lost on them, their worry lines fade, they look youthful somehow, calm, at peace, restful, it shows you how much life can take from you. Nice that it can be restored.

Magpie, I can only echo your own thoughts, they are exacly my sentiments at this time, don't waste a single moment when you can tell someone you care. You never know when you'll be too late.

Sacredstar
Topic starter
(@sacredstar)
Famed Member

Dear All

Thank for sharing everyone.

Darren at the time I was in deep shock, I was forced to watch my father die against my will.

I was only 34 and he was my hero. Being the sensitive that I have always been it was terrible yet joyful at the same time. So many mixed emotions were flying through me. The moment the soul and spirit left the body, the sun shone through the window and the church bells rang as if someone had switched them on in perfect timing. That made the passing so much easier for me but to watch the man that you adore and have loved beyond measure, the man that has been your rock, your saviour, your father, your mentor and teacher is hard indeed. A man that can never be replaced for he was truly unique and one of a kind.

His spirit was the last to leave it was only the spirit and not the soul that was keeping him alive in the last days of the death rattles IMHE. Those rattles can keep a whole house awake and we had to stay on watch all the time because his spirit would just not give up and even though he could not walk his sheer strength of will ensured that he got himself up to go to the toilet almost till the end. At this point he was frail and fragile and could fall easy a tall 6'1 footer was he.

In fact the more I think of it I think the soul had left sooner and it was the spirit and the breath of life that was the last to leave.

This has touched something very deep inside of my heart. I still love him so. So another thread so meant to be for the healing
process.

being love

Kim xx

Elyezual
(@elyezual)
Honorable Member

ORIGINAL: ava

Darren - Kim said she saw her father's soul leave - not his spirit. I could be wrong, but aren't these different things?

Ava

Yes they are different. They combine together to ring the harmony of love. Soul is like our pure being or essence. And spirit is like the higher self, or higher spirits that we see within ourselves and others.

Everyone has a spirit, its just that some soul's spirit's are closer to god sourcethan others. Thats the point of this 2012 stuff, is to get us all up to the same level to increase our spirit together. One more way to bring things closer together.

I have never seen anyone die. My mom said she saw her mom die, and she said she saw her leave her body. And she said when my Uncle died, he came to her when she was sitting and talking to people. He was all bruised, but he said that everything was fine, and that he was happy, and to tell everyone that he is ok.

I actually got this new book called, "experiencing the new world now". by Michael Grosso, Ph.D.

He says that there is lots of evidence of life after death, and he also says that immortality is possible for all of us. And he says he we can reach that next stage right now. Cool stuff!

Kim it sounds like you love your father very much. I feel he is with you still, and you have an eternal bond. Ive never said this before to anyone, but I can hear you father saying that he loves you. I can actually feel this strongly, and it makes my heart buzz.

Have you had visions or dreams of your father?

Love and light
Cody

Sacredstar
Topic starter
(@sacredstar)
Famed Member

ORIGINAL: Elyezual

Kim it sounds like you love your father very much. I feel he is with you still, and you have an eternal bond. Ive never said this before to anyone, but I can hear you father saying that he loves you. I can actually feel this strongly, and it makes my heart buzz.

Thank you, yes I hear his whistles sometimes.

Have you had visions or dreams of your father?

Yes the last time he came was a few months before my mother died earlier this year.

Love beyond measure

Kim xx

ruminumi
(@ruminumi)
Reputable Member

Hi Kim ,

I was with my Father when he died - after a two year battle with cancer, stubborn as a mule to the last 3 days , when he decided to let go , and was then most peturbed to keep waking up alive still !
He had really become just a shell of a man , his personality had long departed, as we waited all winter for him to leave us.
The moment that he died, peacefully and almost noiselessly, with so much dignity, we all sat up , amazed , as his personality was suddenly there, BANG ! in the room with us. He was back ! And yet gone ?!! It was truly incredible to experience.

I too feel blessed to have been there at that time - the nearest I have felt to it again was at the birth of my children - again that awesome sense of the meeting of two worlds.

Wishing you much peace and joyful memories,
Ru xx

Sacredstar
Topic starter
(@sacredstar)
Famed Member

Hi Ru how lovely to reconnect with you I have been wondering where you have been. 😀

I often use your fab quote about the scientists and sign it Ru would you prefer me to use your real name?

"It has been a delight to see the scientists, those very people who cast the most scorn on metaphysical reality be the ones to prove it exists ! A fantastic irony !" Ru

Love and hugs dear friend

Kim xx

Hails~Angel
(@hailsangel)
Prominent Member

Hi I used to work in an elderly home.

I had someone pass away in my hand. Things were very peacful around her last breaths.

I just knew she had gone. Her body compleatly changed, there was just ashell left, but yet I felt she was alive, as her soul was in the room with me.
I couldn't see it, I just felt it.
It was an incredible feeling.

Also I felt my Godmother pass. I felt her soul leaving her body. I was on a bus at the time, and when I got home, I was told the news that she had passed.

Hails xxx

ruminumi
(@ruminumi)
Reputable Member

Hi Kim ,

life has been so wonderfully busy ! But have missed HP, and will make more effort to post!
I am thrilled that you use my quote, and 'Ru' is fine - it is numerologically brilliant for me !

With love, Ru xx

Divine Love
(@divine-love)
Noble Member

Thank you Hails, Ru and everyone for sharing.

Yes Ru busy indeed.......great to see you back. 😉

Divine Love

charmed
(@charmed)
Trusted Member

hi kim yes i have seen a few people die in my lifetime but the one i remember mostly is when my ex partners dad passed away...
i was very close to him and when he was going he had a purple light around his head and when his soul/spirit was leaving his body he started to look young again...
it was very sad but i knew as he was going he was going somewhere better...
i am sorry to hear of ur loss and i hope that you find comfort and love all around you...
blessed be
charmed (sarah)

Share: