Topic starter
(@startingtoheal)
Estimable Member

Can a person actually die from loneliness? Any input is greatly appreciated. 🙂

7 Replies
Sacredstar
(@sacredstar)
Famed Member

RE: Dying from loneliness: is it possible?

Dear Startingtoheal

I would say that anything is indeed possible and some people can die if and when they give up the will to live. However, the conscious mind is very different to soul consciousness and although the conscious self might give up the will to live the soul may not, so ultimately it is the souls choice. Through soul searching and of course overcoming loneliness can be an initiation within itself; loneliness can be transformed into 'aloneness' which can be a wonderful state of being. It really depends on the circumstances because of course for the elderly and disabled the loneliness they sometimes feel has different root causes to the core issue. Loss of will can also be part of giving up the will to live and loss of will is usually connected to soul loss due to emotional trauma, in this case I recommend soul retrieval to retrieve the lost will.

being love

Kim xx

Anonymous
 Anonymous
(@Anonymous)

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

ruminumi
(@ruminumi)
Reputable Member

Hi ,

I used to be extremely lonely, much of the time.
It was the emptiness that became a catalyst for my healing.
The sense of 'lack' motivated me to find out what it was, and why it was there, and I embarked on the most incredible journey, which was difficult and took years, but ultimately brought me to the happy place I am in today.
I believe that loneliness is akin to physical pain - ie it is there to alert us to something, and we should listen to it and then seek an understanding of it.
This can then lead us to rediscover our spirituality in its' true sense - a connection with something so vast and timeless that , as Kim says , we can then be 'alone' but not suffering any more.
Sometimes emotional pain must reach a peak that seems almost unbearable before that change can occur.
I remember reading a great analogy concerning this ...... before we make a big leap , we crouch down, bend our legs and compress, in order to then propel ourselves forward as far a s we can.
And so a great loneliness can be the precursor to a huge shift in personal awareness.
So there is nothing to fear ...........
When we run away from pain we turn our backs on a great teacher.

with love Ru xx

Divine Love
(@divine-love)
Noble Member

When we run away from pain we turn our backs on a great teacher. 

I totally agree and it was interesting to note that Carl Jung said that mental health is nothing more than a failed initiation. The pain is indeed the catalyst for purifying soul consciousness and through finding our way through it and overcoming it; completes the initiation that the soul has chosen to encounter.

'To overcome means to learn from the experience' from Sacred Words

So one can think of dying of loneliness as the death of the old way of being so that the new person can be reborn.

Here is lovely poem that feels appropriate for this thread.

LEARNING

After a while you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security. And you begin to learn that kisses are not contracts and presents aren't promises.

You begin to accept your defeats with your head up and eyes open and with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child.

You learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for your plans. After a while you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers
and you will learn that you really can endure,
that you really are special.

You really do have worth, so live to learn and know yourself, in doing so, you will learn to live.

anon

Onwards and upwards raising consciousness.

Divine Love

darrensurrey
(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

ORIGINAL: Startingtoheal

Can a person actually die from loneliness? Any input is greatly appreciated. 🙂

I'll let you know. [sm=banghead.gif]

Actually, things aren't so bad because I used EFT on the issue. Job done.

Reikiangel
(@reikiangel)
Illustrious Member

Dear Divine Love,
I just 'popped' into this forum and reading the poem made me realize why. I have a special person in mind who needs to read this so a big thank you for sharing.

Love and light

reikiangel
xxx

ann arbor
(@ann-arbor)
Eminent Member

hey-

i do feel that loneliness can be an awful trap.

i can remember many times when faced with a crisis alone, versus being faced with a crisis and having someone to cope with.

"alone"can also mean "cut off from one's own inner strength", too.

when we feel truly alone and cut off, even if we are not alone, we can easily sink into disconnection with anything but the pain we immediately feel.

hopefully, we can have the bravery and insight to tap into resources, people, and ourselves to overcome loneliness.

i agree with Darren- if we can undertsand our life position relative to others, we can see that we are not really alone at all.

Share: