Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@just-jag_1611053569)
Trusted Member

Hi All,

I am interested in training to be a teacher of Mindfulness Meditation.

I am based in North London and would ideally like to train somewhere in London.

I have no idea how to go about training or how long it will take or what is involved. I've been Googling but nothing has grabbed me yet.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Jag

4 Replies
(@darrensurrey)
Famed Member

My initial reaction was to just claim to be one. I struggle to see where there might be insurance issues.

Googling "teacher of Mindfulness Meditation" does list courses - one costs over £1000. 😮

As a tai chi and chi kung teacher, I find the practice of tai chi and chi kung is a form of mindful meditation.

A student asks his teacher, "When do you meditate?" The teacher replies, "When am I not meditating?" (The student probably mutters, "Tosser.")

Energylz
(@energylz)

Hi Just Jag,

The London School of Meditation is one of the longest running meditation organisations in the country. It was around before the Transcendental Meditation organisation was set up but was set up by the same people who learnt the techniques of TM from india and brought them over here. They essentially teach meditation to those wanting to learn to meditate and no doubt people who are dedicated meditators would be considered for teacher training also, so you would do ok to contact them and speak with them about it.

They are affiliated, as I understand it, with the School of Economic Science () who have branches all over the UK and in other countries, that teach various things including practical philosophy, and they use the London School of Meditation to teach the students meditation as part of that.

I went on the Practical Philosophy course for a few years which was really interesting, (teaching non-duality/advaita and the philosophy behind it as well as putting it into practical experience). Most of the students there went off to London to learn meditation, though I didn't myself as I'd already learnt meditation of the same techniques elsewhere.

All Love and Reiki Hugs

Energylz
(@energylz)

There's talk about the School of Economic Science which mentions the School of Meditation on wiki...

[url]School of Economic Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

and there's no hiding the fact that some people have claimed it to be some sort of cult.

My personal experience... yes, the organisation has some 'ideals' that I don't particularly go along with, but I didn't experience any particular cult like behaviour. The actual teachings were very interesting, and I can see that some people may have found themselves feeling a need to be forever volunteering to help the school (as it's a charity), but my observation was that those people were typically retired and had time on their hands and liked the company and the relaxing atmosphere, just like many retired people help out in charity shops etc. People who didn't volunteer to help certainly were not shunned or made to feel unwelcome or made to feel apart from the others. I guess it comes down to personal perceptions, certainly of the 'journalists' who have reported their 'cult findings' based on the very little time they spent there, where no doubt they were more interesting in creating a story than actually learning about the teachings.

😉

All Love and Reiki Hugs

mindfuli
(@mindfuli)

If you're looking for a more affordable Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training course then take a look at Fox Fitness
[url]Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Training UK |[/url]

They're registered with the CMA and the course earns you 9 CPD points. It's a really professional and interactive 1-day training (or home study option) that also incorporates personal development, mindful movement and teaches you how to be more mindful everyday as well as teach it to others.

I know there's a live course running in London on 19th Oct - if this thread is still valid.

Hope that helps.

Warm wishes.

Share: