Clear all

Wish boards

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@clarabell)
Trusted Member

Has anybody else done a wish board? How did you get on? Are you attracting the things on your board?

I've been meaning to do one for a few years and have finally got round to it tonight! I'm still working on it but it feels good to have made a start. I have also written a wish list in my journal and a passage written in the future tense with the things that I would like in my life by the end of the year.

It would be reallly good to hear how other people are getting on?

7 Replies
 hom
(@hom)
Reputable Member

Funny isn't it,how this is one of those things that as holistic therapists, we're aware of- yet don't really seem to get round to doing!?
Although I've read loads on the law of attraction- and as a homeopath- it's obviously very relevant to me- I'm not too familiar with a wish 'board'- perhaps you could explain a bit more?
I'm also intrigued about writing down our wishes in the future tense.I'd read something about acting/writing as if it's (that is, your wish) actually here now- i.e. has already manifested?
I had thought the reasoning behind that is that you don't attract like to like if your wishes and you are separate- it's more about them becoming one. Sorry if this isn't clear- it's hard to explain.....!
Hom

Energylz
(@energylz)

Hom,

A wish board is a bit like a fashion designers (or set designers) mood board. It's a board covered in pictures and/or words that are drawn or cut out from magazines etc. to put down everything you want it to be about, so in terms of the law of attraction it would be putting down all the things you hope to attract, so you can see them regularly as a reminder of what you're hoping to attract (keeps the mind focusing on them).

I agree with you though, that the practice of using the LOA, and the affirmations that are often used with it, requires that those affirmations are in the present tense as if we already have got those things. It's about how the unconscious mind interprets things. If something is seen as being in the future, then the mind has no sense of attracting to that thing in the present moment. Putting things in the present tense makes our mind unconsciously believe we already have those things, and keeps it in mind as we go about our daily business, so if anything comes up that will lead us to that 'desire', the unconcious mind will bring it up to the conscious mind and that is the 'attraction' we get towards that thing.

😉

All Love and Reiki Hugs

hom
(@hom)
Reputable Member

Thanks Giles, as always, you can explain things so well, that I stumble on. I could do with you alongside me in my practice room sometimes! (Usually when I've dug a large hole for myself and can't get out of it).
This energy stuff is all very well until it needs to be put into words.
Hom

Topic starter
(@clarabell)
Trusted Member

Thanks for explaining Giles, you did a better job than I would have done! 😀

(@perpetualdream)

You know it's so interesting that you guys mention vision/wish boards I've had a massive cork board laying around for months and it was only last night that I got it out and made a start to it 🙂 so far I only have a few written objectives on there for the next 6 months and over the next few weeks I am going to add some pictures. I have had two white boards I've used over the years and I write affirmations on them those too have been redundant over the past months so I wrote some new ones and I honestly can't tell you how refreshed I feel after doing it ! They are a great focusing tool.

I can't tell you if I have had success with vision boards but my affirmation boards have helped me over the years! I also have a fabulous book called tarot spells - its not something out of The Craft ! The book contains positions to place the cards and then the author has written an affirmation following each spread all of which are very positive. With this book and doing the spells as it were (as well as my own affirmations ) I have managed to attract a very healthy long term relationship, a better paid job, and I have resolved conflict with a difficult co worker. Focusing the mind and using these tools !

But negative affirmations undo all the work you do here so be aware of your thoughts !!! 🙂

Topic starter
(@clarabell)
Trusted Member

I should have said in my original post that the passage is written in the present tense, not future tense! I've only just noticed that.

(@kayinda)
Eminent Member

Pinterest is a great idea for a virtual wish board!

Share: